Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #111  
Old 06-09-2014, 03:49 PM
caseysmowing caseysmowing is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staunton VA
Posts: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
put a few vent holes in the back of it and remove that hose. Then take off that cap when you want to pour.

Tho to be honest I've been getting enough work lately I have just been filling my mower at the pump
Posted via Mobile Device
It has a vent cap on it. Without the house it would spill everywhere. Tried it with weed killer one time. I fill up mowers, truck, and cans twice a month. Wish I had the fueling station like super lawn trucks. Twice a month is good with me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-13-2014, 02:09 PM
mag360's Avatar
mag360 mag360 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southeast Pa
Posts: 2,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
eagle metal gas cans spill proof. and osha approved, and super simple spring loaded opening with a funnel can't make it any easier then that. http://www.safety1industries.com/saf...Fe99OgodMjAAZA
Yep - these things are worth their weight in gold. The 2.5 no-spill cans are nice for mix though
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-14-2014, 12:52 PM
LawnMowerMan2003's Avatar
LawnMowerMan2003 LawnMowerMan2003 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 745
Don't get the gas cans from Walmart. The top pieces that have the plastic spring broke for me within 2 weeks. I'm not going out and buying new gas cans yet. So I just unscrew the whole cap when I want to put gas in something, and I bought a little funnel. It's slower, but it works for now.
__________________
Superior Lawn

LawnBoy push mower
Echo SRM 225
Hitachi Handheld blower
'99 Ford Ranger XLT
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-15-2014, 11:29 AM
chefcam864's Avatar
chefcam864 chefcam864 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMowerMan2003 View Post
Don't get the gas cans from Walmart. The top pieces that have the plastic spring broke for me within 2 weeks. I'm not going out and buying new gas cans yet. So I just unscrew the whole cap when I want to put gas in something, and I bought a little funnel. It's slower, but it works for now.
http://ezpourspout.com/wp/

This is all you need! $10, and it makes the gas can work they way they USED too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by chefcam864; 06-15-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-15-2014, 11:51 AM
chefcam864's Avatar
chefcam864 chefcam864 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
its science, the mechanism that stops the flow, by its nature, slows the flow. i'm not saying its a bad product and that people shouldn't buy it, im saying that even if i bought one, im still going to take the spout completely off just like i do with all my other cans. so i do not get a benefit.

also, the government can get the F&#K out of my life. carb cans do not effect gasoline prices. they do not help in any way, and as far as im concerned, its not law. the constitution requires a vote of representatives elected of the people to create law. the people making these regulations are not elected of the people and do not operate under the authority of the constitution. and thus it can not be law because the constitution is the ONLY legal authority in this land.
Please don't refer to the constitution if you don't know or understand it. You should check into "delegation of powers." These are laws, administrative laws. They carry the same weight and authority as the "statutory laws" that you seem to think are the only valid laws. This has been before the Supreme Court many times, starting as early as 1825 I think. In short, congress has the right to delegate most powers it has a legal right to exercise under the constitution. No matter how you, or anyone else, feels about it these laws are legit. If you don't believe me, try not paying your taxes and see what the IRS (an administrative agency itself) does to you, then try telling them about your interpretation of the constitution and let us know how that works out for you.

All that said, the CARB cans are a joke, and should be referred to as leak-o-matic-2009's. But, that doesn't change the fact that the law that mandates them is legitimate, enforceable, and constitutional.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 06-15-2014, 11:57 AM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,912
Tractor supply sells those. Same thing
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06-15-2014, 12:28 PM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcam864 View Post
Please don't refer to the constitution if you don't know or understand it. You should check into "delegation of powers." These are laws, administrative laws. They carry the same weight and authority as the "statutory laws" that you seem to think are the only valid laws. This has been before the Supreme Court many times, starting as early as 1825 I think. In short, congress has the right to delegate most powers it has a legal right to exercise under the constitution. No matter how you, or anyone else, feels about it these laws are legit. If you don't believe me, try not paying your taxes and see what the IRS (an administrative agency itself) does to you, then try telling them about your interpretation of the constitution and let us know how that works out for you.

All that said, the CARB cans are a joke, and should be referred to as leak-o-matic-2009's. But, that doesn't change the fact that the law that mandates them is legitimate, enforceable, and constitutional.
Posted via Mobile Device
They said "So long as Congress 'shall lay down by legislative act an intelligible principle to which the person or body authorized to [exercise the delegated authority] is directed to conform, such legislative action is not a forbidden delegation of legislative power."

Aka, the constitution says we cant do it, but we are gonna do it anyway. fact is, these "laws"are written individuals without legislative voting. They are also outside of the 5 topics the federal government sare en allowed to create law about.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 06-15-2014, 12:30 PM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,912
And yes, they suck. And are dangerous. The men writing these laws know nothing about gas cans. The gas still evaporates. Only now it's dangerously put under pressure
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 06-15-2014, 12:59 PM
OakNut's Avatar
OakNut OakNut is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcam864 View Post
http://ezpourspout.com/wp/

This is all you need! $10, and it makes the gas can work they way they USED too.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm glad you posted the link and that I looked.

The last time I went to the site they would not sell to PA residents - now they do.

I'm mostly happy with my No-Spill cans, but I do have a handful of old cans around that are "OK" for home use, but not repeated use on the job due to the stupid spouts, or old, broken ones. Now I can retrofit a few and have a few more usable cans.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 06-15-2014, 01:01 PM
birddseedd birddseedd is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kalamazoo MI
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
I'm glad you posted the link and that I looked.

The last time I went to the site they would not sell to PA residents - now they do.

I'm mostly happy with my No-Spill cans, but I do have a handful of old cans around that are "OK" for home use, but not repeated use on the job due to the stupid spouts, or old, broken ones. Now I can retrofit a few and have a few more usable cans.
Do your tractor supply stores not sell them ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.07564 seconds with 8 queries