Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-29-2014, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Motel bid and New scrubs doing major crap work

I just quoted a motel another stupid new guy left a mess yet another one of these calls this year so many beer money and crackheads out mowing they are destroying peoples yards and leaving them trashed running off job paid without finishing. Meth is a epidemic down here, yet crooked DEA will spend 10s of thousands a week to fly around and try to find 1 pot plant

I was going to use my sideboards and haul a area that was brushcut about 8-10ft wide and close to 100 or so yards long to remove his gigantic mess instead of renting a dumpster which is over $300 easy.

I priced it off more than fair at $300 even debris removal with my trailer and hauling multiple loads off. The girl just had moved here she was friggen rude I would of been pissed as well though so can't blame her. Bi-weekly cut and maintain beds/shrubs around motel were also priced way more than fair but I wanted the job already have commercial clients near this place anyways.

May hear back or she might of bought some other new guys BS and bait discount pricing, there really are none around here starting up that are serious seen so many yards destroyed this year and so many new guys it has doubled from last year. I respect the ones that try to do it right and study up and learn but none fall in this category their just drunks and methheads out for party money.

They cut the premises it looked like ass, weedeat was pathetic at least they could semi use brush cutter and knocked some of it down about 80-90%, had no blower arrived on site parking lot area was trashed.

I'm bad about pics plus was in hurry had last resi for the day to get done and just barely made it before it started raining.

Anyone else getting lots of calls to fix from inexperienced idiots out there to share?
Attached Images

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 06-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Sponsor

How long has it been since the last time any thing had been done at this property?. With only Two pictures shown I know your work is cut out for you. In the back ground of your second picture is that a convention center?. The girl you had mentioned earlier sounded like she was at her wits end and under pressure from corporate to get the place in ship shape.
easy-lift guy
Old 06-29-2014, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well that F4-F5 tornado ripped right through my living area a few years back still some damage and logs in there from it, looks as if it was not maintained all year with the growth as it is. Yes work is a lot but I would like to get the account since I already have some commercial near there.

I always say I am the very worst at taking pics man, I will get on a job take some before shots and forget the after shots lmao.

I know she was under pressure I was very nice I could tell she was highly stressed I would be as well.

It is a Civic Center it got destroyed and rebuilt after tornado, I watched it form 1/4 mile away in my backyard come down and filmed the whole thing around 4:30mins of it

btw that cement structure in front of red truck in 2nd pic is where it ends so I gave her way more than fair deal.

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Sponsor

Your not kidding about a fair price!
easy-lift guy
Old 06-29-2014, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know figured I would bite the nail on it and offer a more than fair price 1 time cleanup since they had already been screwed over but apparently she thought it was expensive, told her dump fee's etc was applied to price.

Be something for a boring Saturday anyways.

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

Old 06-29-2014, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Member

The place is a mess. She has already been burned by the first people. She might be in hot water from the Home Office for paying and not having the job done. If she had multiple quotes on the work and took the cheapest, without checking them out, shame on her and more pressure from Headquarters. And she has no idea how much this will cost. Well, now she does. She's in a jam, but you can't give away too much. I've been in the same boat before. Give a price and I keep hearing about the other guy. It gets old. Good luck with this. Too bad you don't have a chipper to run that through. It would go pretty fast, then.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't blame her but hope she doesn't make a bad decision said she knew no one up here and these new guys are in business one day and gone from the map the next day a lot of times, my town has 2 redlights man lol we just got out 2nd not long ago haha.

I am way in the country hour away from any large city and you cannot go a 1/4 mile without some new guy, stalking accounts trying to grab your business they have tried to get many of my customers this year with no avail thankfully I have long term customers who stick with us loyally.

Just 5 years ago was pretty much still 3 of us here working we never infringe on each other and all have done lawncare over a decade easy.

There isn't that much hard brush in there just huge thick weeds, in the first pic there is some brush there and about a 2-3 ton stump from tornado damage, the smaller brush up the pic can be saved and trimmed to look nice, just be a heck of haul. I mainly want it for the longterm mowing upkeep I'm fine with $300 on removal found a old friend hooked me up to dump it on pasture land cheap if not free now but the labor itself is worth $300 easy lol

Never heard back but will stop and see if she bought another goobs pitch and any work been done.

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)