Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-03-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is the price right on this 48" WB

I work with a girl who used to be in lawn care a few years back, but since has gotten away from it. She had sold her equipment down to her favorite mower, and now with work, kids, and going back to school in her 30's, has no time to even mow her own lawn. I mowed it a couple times last year for her (a $40.00 lawn) .. and now I've convinced her to sell me her mower. I currently don't have a WB in my trailer .. and this one is in excellent shape. It is a commercial 48" Cub Cadet (I currently have Hustler mowers) .. hydro drive, electric start, mower only has 1000 hrs on it, and the new 17 hp Kawasaki not more then 400, if that. She is wanting $1600. for it .. and looking around, it seems like a decent price .. and the newer motor makes it even better.

The dealer where I buy my stuff also sells Cub Cadet, and they are actually the ones she took it to for the new motor. A very reputable dealer here where I live.

She just wants me to give her 40 mows for the mower. I'm thinking of offering her $400 cash now (to entice her to the deal) .. and a $1000. of mows for the rest of the price. I get it for $1400 .. she gets $400 cash in her pocket.

What do you guys think? I think it's a nice mower for $1600 .. but then .. I have never bought a used mower before.

Proud Supporter of:
Hustler mowers ~ Xtreme racks ~ STHIL products
Old 05-03-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. I saved about $1000 off of my truck by working it off instead of just paying cash.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Things worth asking assuming I'm reading your post correctly:
Why did her engine only last 600 hrs?
If there was engine neglect, then how well did she maintain the rest of the mower as far as hydro oil changes, greasing spindles/idlers/wheel bearings/etc...
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings