Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-04-2013, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Light weight trimmer - is the Husqvarna 323L still an excellent choice

I am getty ready to purchase and just want to make sure this is still a top recommended trimmer. Did any manufacturer come out with a better option? Thanks
Old 05-04-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The 323L is new version of the trimmer I bought 8 years ago. I know things may have changed but this trimmer is still going strong and has started first pull since the day I bought it. A little light on power but its a lightweight trimmer and you cant expect too much for it being so light weight wise. Overall a really good trimmer

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 05-04-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought one and really like it so far. I have four of the shin 242. I picked up the husky pretty much brand new from a homeowner who was moving into a condo. Light and powerful.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2013, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I have two 323L's One is about 9 years old and still going strong. The other I bought last year. I think the best for the money. The new one seems to have some vibration though in the area of the clutch bearing. Hope this doesn't come to anything.

Kevin
Old 05-05-2013, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I had one of the older ones loved it! Then I bought the new one a few years ago never ran had more shop hours on it than running hours. Eventually got tired of messing with it and got rid of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2013, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Best trimmer out there weight & power wise, and for the money especially so. I run a 223L regularly, and I'm always amazed at how light and powerful it is for what it is. The 323L is even more of the same.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Best trimmer out there weight & power wise, and for the money especially so. I run a 223L regularly, and I'm always amazed at how light and powerful it is for what it is. The 323L is even more of the same.
I believe the 223L is the lightest trimmer on the market as of now. I'd like to get one just to have for the days I'm run down but need to keep pushing. I have about 4hrs a week worth of string trimming over all. It's nothing I know but solo, the less weight the better.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
I believe the 223L is the lightest trimmer on the market as of now. I'd like to get one just to have for the days I'm run down but need to keep pushing. I have about 4hrs a week worth of string trimming over all. It's nothing I know but solo, the less weight the better.
The 223 and 323 weigh the exact same- 9lbs. the 323 has 1.2 HP vs 1.01 for the 223. The 323 has a solid drive shaft and can take other attachments. If I hadn't won this 223 in a drawing, I would be running the 323. They are so light and easy to use, and the T-35 head is the best on the market. Easy to load, and always feeds no matter what.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i just bought a 326, everyone on here says they weigh a full 1.5 lbs more, but after holding them both side by side i can't tell any weight difference at all. the 326 has a skid plate on the bottom and a different trim piece on top which works well as an arm rest sorta. supposedly uses less fuel. either way its way better than the fs55 i had previously. definitely go with a solid driveshaft model, i couldn't believe the difference in vibration! i love this trimmer, it's a bit finicky to start though may need a carb adjustment after a couple more tanks of fuel
Old 05-05-2013, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawakx125 View Post
i just bought a 326, everyone on here says they weigh a full 1.5 lbs more, but after holding them both side by side i can't tell any weight difference at all. the 326 has a skid plate on the bottom and a different trim piece on top which works well as an arm rest sorta. supposedly uses less fuel. either way its way better than the fs55 i had previously. definitely go with a solid driveshaft model, i couldn't believe the difference in vibration! i love this trimmer, it's a bit finicky to start though may need a carb adjustment after a couple more tanks of fuel
My 223 was a bit finicky about running at first, but after about 4-5 tanks, it straightened right out and has run like a champ ever since. Make sure to push the bulb at least 5 times every time you start it cold and don't touch the throttle at all. Once it kicks over, take that choke off right away. It should fire up easily then.