Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-01-2013, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
It really amazes me how uneducated some salesman are on the products they sell. Most of the time I would rather deal with an area rep. They normally know their stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device
Funny you say that, I most of the time know about as much if not more about the equipment thats in the dealership of by Greensouth who actually was recently bought out. The manager is telling me how to operate a z like Im a dumby yea maybe cause Im about15 yrs old, you should have seen the look on his face when I told him I already have a JD 737, he completely left me alone for my demo of the Scag Wildcat. Maybe Ill start my own dealer someday but I think Manufactures make you meet a certain quota to by gear from them. Sounds Pricy.
Old 7x14 open equipment trailer
5x8 Texas trailers utility trailer (soon to have racks!)
Echo srm 225 Trimmer
Echo pas w/edger att.
Echo pb500h
A tube of grease and some gas!
Still wishin for that Scag Wildcat!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishforScagWildcat View Post
Funny you say that, I most of the time know about as much if not more about the equipment thats in the dealership of by Greensouth who actually was recently bought out. The manager is telling me how to operate a z like Im a dumby yea maybe cause Im about15 yrs old, you should have seen the look on his face when I told him I already have a JD 737, he completely left me alone for my demo of the Scag Wildcat. Maybe Ill start my own dealer someday but I think Manufactures make you meet a certain quota to by gear from them. Sounds Pricy.
Funny you say that. I don't like salesman at all. I research all I can before going into a dealer and seeing what they have. They mostly tell you what you want to ear and leave out little details. I went in to one and asked him questions. I then ha him tell me about the machine (testing him) and he left out a lot and was incorrect about others. That is why it is so nice when you meet a great dealer who knows their stuff and is willing to be open about it and the products he has had in the past that worked and didn't. Sorry you had such bad luck. I'm sure it was one bad apple in the bunch. From what glmc says, gravely seems to have a great customer support and has given him decks to review (lucky).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Well now I am pissed. Mower did not show up yesterday or today yet. I chatted online with a gravely rep directly on gravelys website and she looked it up and said the warehouse is out and will receive more units late next week. Once the warehouse gets them then it will get shipped to my dealer. So in other words I am looking at 2 weeks before the mower comes in to my dealer. That is ridiculous.
Just ordered a 272 and they're two weeks out also. Hopefully worth the wait for the new deck.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I dont know if you guys follow Gravely on Facebook but all this year they have posted pics of massive deliveries to very large LCO's. Im talking 60+ units. I wonder if Gravely is having a record year? Maybe they are low on inventory? Good for them but stinks for us if so....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2013, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That's believeable to me. The traveling factory reps were a great idea and the design and build quality is very good to boot. I don't mind the wait - we added a 24/60 xf1 pro turn unit from showroom stock to help fill the 2 weeks, qualify for fleet, and satisfy my curiosity about the zt3200 pumps from hydro-gear. That will give us three of the four deck styles from gravely under one roof...
Old 06-02-2013, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
Just ordered a 272 and they're two weeks out also. Hopefully worth the wait for the new deck.

That is a mower my dealer does have in stock with the new deck to boot. Mine will actually be at my dealer either tuesday or wednesday. Mary (Gravely rep on this site) dug into the situation deeper to figure out what happened. The pa warehouse showed two in inventory but they were not there when they went to ship it to my dealer. So somebody screwed up and put the info in the system wrong.

She said the warehouse will have the new mowers on monday. If they can get it shipped to my dealer monday i will have it tuesday. If not it will ship tuesday and I will have it wednesday.

Since you are in PA where the warehouse is, your new machine may be arriving right along with mine which would mean you will have it tuesday or wednesday.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 06-03-2013, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey GMLC was wondering if you could get a couple measurements for me? Working on an older 152z with a pre-XF1 deck and I copied kinda how the inside skirt is laid out on your 452 .Finished up most of the fab tonight except for the adjustable baffles. Was wondering if you could get me the height and the depth of the baffles as well as the distance or gap between the blade and the baffle. Thanks for all your help and sorry to hi-jack.

Also do you find yourself using the mower without the baffle's installed or if installed what's your favorite position?

Tried to post pics but lawnsite wasn't cooperating......

Last edited by fatboynormmie; 06-03-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a couple pics ... We will see how it works out with the new smoother transitions compared to the original one. I call this the XF.5 deck
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboynormmie View Post
Hey GMLC was wondering if you could get a couple measurements for me? Working on an older 152z with a pre-XF1 deck and I copied kinda how the inside skirt is laid out on your 452 .Finished up most of the fab tonight except for the adjustable baffles. Was wondering if you could get me the height and the depth of the baffles as well as the distance or gap between the blade and the baffle. Thanks for all your help and sorry to hi-jack.

Also do you find yourself using the mower without the baffle's installed or if installed what's your favorite position?

Tried to post pics but lawnsite wasn't cooperating......
My favorite position is 1" down. The only time I took them off was when mowing in the rain in tall grass, like 8-12". Im out of town all week so I wont be able to get your measurements until Friday, sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice fab work Fatboy!!!