Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-15-2013, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Not just getting off topic, but someone coming on and saying things just to stir the pot or cause an arguement for no reason other than their own satisfaction.

The Gravely's are awesome machines. If you haven't been on one, or had a chance to run one, try to if you can. They cut great, and are very well made machines. My next machine will almost certainly be a Gravely 460. I have ran their Pro Stance stander, and was extremely impressed with it all the way around. Their customer service is far and away the best in the industry right now. The Gravely company is what all others should strive to be.
I've been in business 2 years and going strong, but I lack the wealth if knowledge you guys have about al the machines etc. I got a 2012 Tiger cat for a few reasons, but the customer support is where it's at. Gotta be a great machine that is reliable, dependable and awesome cut quality that leaves striped without a kit (at least my expectations ). I will have to try one out and thanks for explaining that as I am new to forums also.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2013, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, you bought a good machine with a proven track record. Scag's are built tough and cut awesome, especially in the rain/wet.

There's a wealth of knowledge to be learned here from guys like GMLC and a host of others. Most all are more than willing to share it and help if you have questions.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropctony View Post
What is trolling gmlc? Getting off topic? Your pro turn 452 looks beefy. How do you like the top handles flipping out compared to the whole lever?
Posted via Mobile Device
Ridin is right on. Just someone(a troll) trying to get everyone bent out of shape. Don't worry about getting off topic, Im as guilty as anyone with that! I really like the flip up handles. I can get my fat azz out of my air seat!!! You made the right choice with Scag. That machine should serve you well for thousands of hours!!

I have family in New Bern NC. Great place to live, go a couple times per year!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I'm not worked up. I'm just tired of hearing how your SZ is so much better than everyone else's mower. It ain't. When you post nonsense, it needs to be pointed out. You may think that the SZ looks better. I don't. I do like the way the SZ looks very much (except for that rediculous foil on the back, though I know why it's there), but it looks very old school. I happen to like the looks of the Deere that I have very much (last years model). I don't care so much with this years version though. I also like the fact that I can trace a flower bed much closer and easier than you can with the SZ with the same sized deck. Looks don't cut the grass. A well designed machine and a good cutting deck in all conditions do, and the 7 Iron is vastly superior in that regard, especially when you make your living doing it, and not just mow your own place. The ease of maintenance on my machine is every bit as easy as it is on yours, and probably easier. Very, very simple to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I'm sorry, but this mower really looks cheaply built, like something you would buy from a box store. Maybe it's just the design change, but they definitely look much cheaper than the older Deere design. It looks like a toy beside the much stronger built Super Z. I think anyone that speaks truthfully must admit to that.
You agreed with me as can be seen above, so what can agitate a person such as yourself in this manner when only discussing "lawn mowers," this is honestly a little hard to understand?

I have operated the older style JD, and I like the looks much better than this new box store look they offer today.

I will say this, and hope you can refrain from losing it. I have a friend that bought, owned, and operated a new 72" JD for 3 yrs, it was traded for a 72" Hustler Super Z HD and the person made this statement, "after using this new Hustler it made my JD feel like a toy in comparison."

I did not say this, but it came from a person owing and operating both machines. The difference being felt was due to a heavier, longer wheel base mower, and the reason I have no problem understanding how this could be said.

I operated the JD and it was fine, just not fast enough for my application. The ride was not nearly as good, and the hydraulics and operation was not nearly as refined, but to someone that had never had the privilege of operating a SZ HD, it could have been the best mower they ever operated.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Back on track please.....

Here is a video attempt by me showing the X-Factor 2 discharge. It is much less concentrated than the XF1. This was shot at 8am with typical heavy NH morning dew. Sorry the vid isn't the greatest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WScJjTBLTE

Last edited by GMLC; 06-15-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Back on track please.....

Here is a video attempt by me showing the X-Factor 2 discharge. It is much less concentrated than the XF1. This was shot at 8am with typical heavy NH morning due. Sorry the vid isn't the greatest...

I think, if I remember correctly, you're the one that brought the JD's from your past employer into the picture...is that right or wrong?

I only commented on what you introduced into the thread, is that correct or incorrect?
Old 06-15-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Ridin is right on. Just someone(a troll) trying to get everyone bent out of shape. Don't worry about getting off topic, Im as guilty as anyone with that! I really like the flip up handles. I can get my fat azz out of my air seat!!! You made the right choice with Scag. That machine should serve you well for thousands of hours!!

I have family in New Bern NC. Great place to live, go a couple times per year!
Love it, but hearing about you, Ridin' and prostreet makes me interested in others. I wonder about te cheetah and the turf tiger, but I will leave that alone and look around. I am gonna check your video out when I am done for the day or at lunch. I live the beaches especially the outer banks and the fishing there. It's cool..just pulled up to my next lawn.,
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2013, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No puppy, I didn't agree with you at all. The picture of the JD GMLC posted was of a model exactly like mine, and that's the one you were making fun of.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
No puppy, I didn't agree with you at all. The picture of the JD GMLC posted was of a model exactly like mine, and that's the one you were making fun of.
I have absolutely no problem with what you think, you have your opinion of how it looks, and I have mine, but there is one thing for sure, your opinion or my opinion is of very little significance concerning the matter of how any mower looks.

A difference of opinion is exactly what it is, a difference of opinion, which in reality means absolutely nothing. You throw thoughts out, I throw thoughts out, people then decide on differences they may want to look into themselves.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The first video is me last year with the XF1. The second is the XF2 this year. I just want everyone to compare the two. I felt the XF1 was more concentrated towards the front of the discharge, the XF2 to me has more of a fan shaped discharge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7u6vDT5Co