Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #551  
Old 06-29-2013, 01:44 PM
cinco1 cinco1 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: neo
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Just savin' you the hassle of doing it.
^ I wish I would have waited and gotten it all correct the first time and its way to early for - so I have no excuse
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 06-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Blades Lawn Maintenance's Avatar
Blades Lawn Maintenance Blades Lawn Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 1,233
It's five o'clock somewhere
__________________
“Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.”
*Les Brown


"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins


Enough Said...
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 06-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinco1 View Post
^ I wish I would have waited and gotten it all correct the first time and its way to early for - so I have no excuse
That's OK. Once I thought I made a mistake, but I was wrong.

If I had a dollar for every time I've been wrong, I could probably pay off the national debt (at least, as it stands right now. Who knows how much higher it'll be by the time I can type and post this. )
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 06-29-2013, 03:20 PM
mag360's Avatar
mag360 mag360 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southeast Pa
Posts: 2,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Yep puppy, you have to buy the 400 to get the air ride seat as std equipment. Maybe GMLC or PSC knows if you can special order the air seat for the 200 series, but my catalog doesn't show it as an option on the 200 in the specs anywhere that I can find.
Dealer mentioned that the air ride seat would mount right up to this frame but not on the normal 200 frame.

Filled One tank to the brim yesterday and the other had maybe a couple gallons in it from the dealer. Ran it 4.3 hours - starting at zero - and filled up BOTH tanks with 7.8 gallons of fuel. Those 4.3 hours were at full throttle in thick, wet grass. I can't make any exact claims but the math says even if it had started with full tanks that's under 2gph.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 06-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
It's five o'clock somewhere
At least according to Jimmy Buffett and Alan Jackson right?
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 06-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Blades Lawn Maintenance's Avatar
Blades Lawn Maintenance Blades Lawn Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
At least according to Jimmy Buffett and Alan Jackson right?
__________________
“Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.”
*Les Brown


"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins


Enough Said...
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 06-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
Dealer mentioned that the air ride seat would mount right up to this frame but not on the normal 200 frame.

Filled One tank to the brim yesterday and the other had maybe a couple gallons in it from the dealer. Ran it 4.3 hours - starting at zero - and filled up BOTH tanks with 7.8 gallons of fuel. Those 4.3 hours were at full throttle in thick, wet grass. I can't make any exact claims but the math says even if it had started with full tanks that's under 2gph.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would think the air seat would fit that frame since it is the 400 frame.

That's pretty good for a brand new engine, and it'll almost assuredly get better with time. Mine started off at around 1.8, but seems to be averaging about 1.5 now, and that is for all types of grass, and both mulching and discharging.

BTW- did you see my post at #542?
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 06-29-2013, 04:05 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinco1 View Post
From comparing my 252 to the above photo and what I found during research:

400 series - dial adjustable height
200 series - pin adjustable height

400 series - machined foot peg for height
200 series - plate steel foot pedal for height

400 series - vibration dampened operator deck
200 series - vibration rubbers for foot deck

400 series - emergency brake handle on left side
200 series - on right side

400 series - deck suspended by metal bracket hangers
200 series - deck suspened by chain (was told by Gravely that they will be going to the same metal bracket hangers on 200 series in future)

I believe the seat is the same on the 272 above that is on my 252. Hydros are both ZT-5400s.

EDIT - Looks like the frame tubes are 3" tall vs. 2" tall; 400 series comes with semi-pnuematic tires vs. standard air.

400 Series Reference Stuff:
- Specifications http://www.gravely.com/en-us/SeriesD...ProTurn400.pdf
- Brochure http://www.gravely.com/en-us/SeriesD...20Brochure.pdf

200 Series:
- Specifications http://www.gravely.com/en-us/SeriesD...ProTurn200.pdf
- Brochure http://www.gravely.com/en-us/SeriesD...20Brochure.pdf

Thank you for the effort!
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 06-29-2013, 04:13 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinco1 View Post
From comparing my 252 to the above photo and what I found during research:

400 series - dial adjustable height
200 series - pin adjustable height

400 series - machined foot peg for height
200 series - plate steel foot pedal for height

400 series - vibration dampened operator deck
200 series - vibration rubbers for foot deck

400 series - emergency brake handle on left side
200 series - on right side

400 series - deck suspended by metal bracket hangers
200 series - deck suspened by chain (was told by Gravely that they will be going to the same metal bracket hangers on 200 series in future)

I believe the seat is the same on the 272 above that is on my 252. Hydros are both ZT-5400s.

EDIT - Looks like the frame tubes are 3" tall vs. 2" tall; 400 series comes with semi-pnuematic tires vs. standard air.

400 Series Reference Stuff:
- Specifications http://www.gravely.com/en-us/SeriesD...ProTurn400.pdf
- Brochure http://www.gravely.com/en-us/SeriesD...20Brochure.pdf

200 Series:
- Specifications http://www.gravely.com/en-us/SeriesD...ProTurn200.pdf
- Brochure http://www.gravely.com/en-us/SeriesD...20Brochure.pdf
Nicely done as usual!! The only things I would add are the engine cradle is rubber isolated and the seat platform is also isolated. You did mention the isolated foot platform. The 400 frame is not only bigger it is wider and longer. Gravely also told me the center of gravity is lower on the 400 series as well.

As of last year the air seat was not available as an accesory for an add on to non 400 series machines. Im not sure if that has changed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 06-29-2013, 04:57 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Nicely done as usual!! The only things I would add are the engine cradle is rubber isolated and the seat platform is also isolated. You did mention the isolated foot platform. The 400 frame is not only bigger it is wider and longer. Gravely also told me the center of gravity is lower on the 400 series as well.

As of last year the air seat was not available as an accesory for an add on to non 400 series machines. Im not sure if that has changed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks...this type information is very useful to people interested in Gravely, especially when comparing with other mowers.

I forgot to mention this, I told you about my friend that owns and operates an old 260, and the new 260 he bought recently. His wife was very familiar with operating the old 260, but not the new one. He let her run the new 260 last week on our church property and she hung the ROP on a tree limb, this stood the mower up into the air. She had to stop mowing for a while to regain her composure after telling her husband what happened, it literally scared the poor girl to death.

I wonder how many others have done this with mowers implementing the new ROP? I can imagine it would get your attention to be running along and come to a jarring halt while the mower stands up underneath you, it would probably sober a few up, and in a hurry.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.08411 seconds with 8 queries