Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Are there any pics of thier mulch kit , I thought the kit was fine on the 1 i had?
The baffles create suction and lift this helps mulching, the cc tank had a front baffle that created a ton of lift on the select cut deck, ill have to research it.
I don't know. Just don't want to give you bad info. or mislead you.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

272 just squeaked out 1.2 gph with the 850 kawi. That's almost too good to believe with the thick, wet grass we're mowing this season but the numbers all add up. I think this new deck robs less power than most others - including the xf1. I would question engine rpm but there's so much power on tap that it has to be close to right. The 72 inch decks apparently come with lower lift blades (per the other thread) than the 60's and smaller and I'm sure that makes a difference as well.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ok guys call me crazy but our mower seems to either be gaining power or something is loosening up as it breaks in. The hydros don't seem quite as loud now and the power dips do not seem to be as pronounced as before. Maybe I am just getting used to it or something. I will pay closer attention next week to determine if I am imagining this or not.

Also for those with a tach to measure rpm which tach do you use?
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 07-19-2013, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Ok guys call me crazy but our mower seems to either be gaining power or something is loosening up as it breaks in. The hydros don't seem quite as loud now and the power dips do not seem to be as pronounced as before. Maybe I am just getting used to it or something. I will pay closer attention next week to determine if I am imagining this or not.

PSC, why don't you post another vid of you using the new 460? Maybe some of us will be able to tell by the sound if it has changed, or if in fact, you are just getting used to it. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it were gaining power though. I believe they all do better once parts wear in to each other and things all over the machine settle in and loosen up some to where they want to run.

Most guys on here say they use the Tiny Tach. I have to get one soon myself.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post

I've got Sendec tach/hour meter combo on both my Dixie Chopper and Exmark Lazer. Got over 400 hours on the Dixie with this tach and over 100 on the Exmark (original hour meter broke with over 3200 hours on it years ago so decided to use this tach/hour meter combo) with no problems.

http://www.amazon.com/Sendec-Hour-Me...dec+tachometer
Old 07-19-2013, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
I've got Sendec tach/hour meter combo on both my Dixie Chopper and Exmark Lazer. Got over 400 hours on the Dixie with this tach and over 100 on the Exmark (original hour meter broke with over 3200 hours on it years ago so decided to use this tach/hour meter combo) with no problems.

http://www.amazon.com/Sendec-Hour-Me...dec+tachometer

Thanks for posting that.
I just ordered one directly from Northern for the same price.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Thanks for posting that.
I just ordered one directly from Northern for the same price.
No problem. My Dixie came with one. I'm lucky to have a Northern store within 10 miles of me so that's where I got mine for the Exmark.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a 460 today with the Xfactor 2 deck. I'm in love!!!! Ready to sell my Grasshoppers and buy some Gravelys! I was very impressed with this machine in about ever aspect and only have a few complaints. My only complaint is the seat, my 400lbs is too much for the air suspension seat and It sits flat on the bottom when I sit on it making my legs a little cramped because I was sitting so low. The cut was pretty amazing but left a few stragglers but I think this was due to the dealer having gator blades on it for some reason (not G6). The ride is amazing compared to my Grasshoppers which I thought were pretty good. I could go on and on about it but I do plan on owning one in the future.

I got to cut in the rain this afternoon, mower did well but left a few clumps but I think with high lifts it would have been perfect.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundskeeperllc View Post
I demoed a 460 today with the Xfactor 2 deck. I'm in love!!!! Ready to sell my Grasshoppers and buy some Gravelys! I was very impressed with this machine in about ever aspect and only have a few complaints. My only complaint is the seat, my 400lbs is too much for the air suspension seat and It sits flat on the bottom when I sit on it making my legs a little cramped because I was sitting so low. The cut was pretty amazing but left a few stragglers but I think this was due to the dealer having gator blades on it for some reason (not G6). The ride is amazing compared to my Grasshoppers which I thought were pretty good. I could go on and on about it but I do plan on owning one in the future.

I got to cut in the rain this afternoon, mower did well but left a few clumps but I think with high lifts it would have been perfect.
Thanks for the demo update! I only run highlift blades. Also dont forget you can adjust the baffles for your desired lift. And even take them off for really wet/tall grass. Did you have the air seat fully inflated? If not that my help with the bottoming. Keep us up to date!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Air that seat all the way up. My 250 pounds is nothing for that seat and I can make it ride rock solid if I air it up to much.