Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #691  
Old 08-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene gls View Post
Maybe the mower replaces gym time and equipment.
...and/or he is like me and just really likes to mow, so he doesn't want to get it done too quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #692  
Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,868
That lawn would be exciting to do. I wish we had something like that around here. Have you ever tried to talk to them prostreet to see if he would like some help?
__________________
MJB

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Reply With Quote
  #693  
Old 08-04-2013, 03:55 PM
ProStreetCamaro's Avatar
ProStreetCamaro ProStreetCamaro is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Gaithersburg Maryland
Posts: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
That lawn would be exciting to do. I wish we had something like that around here. Have you ever tried to talk to them prostreet to see if he would like some help?


Actually I haven't. Maybe I will leave a flyer or stop in one day and introduce myself.
__________________
2013 Gravely 460Z 29EFI
2011 Gravely 36GR
2008 Gravely 160Z
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Reply With Quote
  #694  
Old 08-04-2013, 04:05 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Actually I haven't. Maybe I will leave a flyer or stop in one day and introduce myself.
I would tell him what a great job he is doing, but it looks like he could use some help. Show him your new Gravely and see where it leads. Take more pics too.
__________________
MJB

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Reply With Quote
  #695  
Old 08-05-2013, 02:26 PM
ProStreetCamaro's Avatar
ProStreetCamaro ProStreetCamaro is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Gaithersburg Maryland
Posts: 3,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
The cool thing is, is that all you need to do is wrap the lead around a plug wire, and attach or hold the ground wire to the frame and run the machine. Then you can take and try it on the next one and so on. I already have the hour meter on the dash, so all I use this gauge for is strictly tach mode. I ordered mine straight from Northern Tool for the same price as in that link. It got here in about 4 days IIRC.

Hey I got my tach today. I just checked my old 160 here with the 25hp kohler and to my surprise it is turning 3,930 with the blades off and 3870ish with them on. Holy crap I was not expecting that because it doesn't burn any oil or smoke. I guess I should turn it down a little. How the heck do you adjust the rpm's on these things? I have actually never messed with the rpm's before on a small engine.
__________________
2013 Gravely 460Z 29EFI
2011 Gravely 36GR
2008 Gravely 160Z
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Reply With Quote
  #696  
Old 08-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Hey I got my tach today. I just checked my old 160 here with the 25hp kohler and to my surprise it is turning 3,930 with the blades off and 3870ish with them on. Holy crap I was not expecting that because it doesn't burn any oil or smoke. I guess I should turn it down a little. How the heck do you adjust the rpm's on these things? I have actually never messed with the rpm's before on a small engine.
Holy smokes! No wonder you thought your Gravely performed better than the Z720 with the same engine! LOL That's a huge jump over what they should run at.

I have mine set at 3680 off load, which gives me 3620 with the blades on and right at 3580 with the blades on and thee machine in motion. I can see and feel the difference too.

I am sending you a PM PSC
Reply With Quote
  #697  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Holy smokes! No wonder you thought your Gravely performed better than the Z720 with the same engine! LOL That's a huge jump over what they should run at.

I have mine set at 3680 off load, which gives me 3620 with the blades on and right at 3580 with the blades on and thee machine in motion. I can see and feel the difference too.

I am sending you a PM PSC
With my mowers valves adjusted properly and the additional 300 rpms I picked up a full 2 mph. I can see why he would think that 25 was on steroids, and his mowing speed much faster, along with a much better cut and discharge, that engine is wound up, what do they call it in drag racing, it is "red lined."
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #698  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
With my mowers valves adjusted properly and the additional 300 rpms I picked up a full 2 mph. I can see why he would think that 25 was on steroids, and his mowing speed much faster, along with a much better cut and discharge, that engine is wound up, what do they call it in drag racing, it is "red lined."
.... and then some!
Reply With Quote
  #699  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:16 PM
ProStreetCamaro's Avatar
ProStreetCamaro ProStreetCamaro is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Gaithersburg Maryland
Posts: 3,809
Haha its been good for 1600 hours so far!
__________________
2013 Gravely 460Z 29EFI
2011 Gravely 36GR
2008 Gravely 160Z
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Reply With Quote
  #700  
Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Haha its been good for 1600 hours so far!
Do you believe the engine has been turned up that high for 1600 hrs., if so I can't understand how everything has held together, you are over-running the hydraulics as well? The components are designed to cool and function properly at 3600, much over that and you are pushing the envelope.

Can we be sure the tach is correct, anywhere to check it against another tach?
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.08402 seconds with 8 queries