Direct from factory in 2 days.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
Shoulda got a Tiny-Tach!

Just sayin.

Direct from factory in 2 days.
Maybe, but why. Mine works great so far, and was about half the price of the Tiny Tach. It also has several other functions, but I only wanted it for the tach.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
FX850. According to the instructions sheet for mine, the s@ mode is default and will be the one for most apps. It does say that the default can be changed during production, but S2 is std.
If mine were running hald, I'd be showing 1800 or some odd rpm's, and if it were running double, I'd sure as heck know that. I was running in the upper 3500's as noted earlier in this thread when I first got the tach and set it back to S2. I've since bumped it to 3680 off load, and 3620 -3630 on load, which gives me right between 3580 and 3590 on load and under way moving at normal speeds for my lawns.
It really makes no difference, all those small tachs have modes for different pulse readings. When you see it running 1600 to 1800 rpms the tach is set in the wrong mode. I use a handheld automotive analyzer which has several modes, when I first checked my efi it was only reading half the rpms, so I changed the mode and it read correctly.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. The XF2 continues to amaze me and my clients. Here is one from today.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Member

New Chromed 472

Well guys it finally arrived, my "Mack daddy" 2013 472 with chrome rims, trailer hitch and soon to be stereo. I am trying to up load pictures and will post them once I figure it out. As I am sure everyone on here knows the 31 hp kawasaki is awesome, I was apprehensive if it was enought power with the 72 inch deck on it but wow! it doesn't even know there is a deck. I can tell you this thing is built tough, on my maiden mowing I unfortunately hit a brick that was laying in the grass, with my excitement on picking it up I decided to mow at dusk and forgot I left the brick I use under the trailer tounge laying out in the open rather than putting it up like I always do, go figure. With that being said the deck never even knew it hit something. I was told these things are built to withstand a lot of punishment and this proved it to me. Although this unit will never see commercial use it will give me and probably my children and grand children many years of use. I will post pictures soon. My dealer liked the chrome wheel covers so much they are using the pic of mine in advertisements and putting them as an accessory on their wall. 30 years of being in service and mine was the first with chrome wheels, the local companies that saw it loved the look.

g8tor38
Old 08-23-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8tor38 View Post
Well guys it finally arrived, my "Mack daddy" 2013 472 with chrome rims, trailer hitch and soon to be stereo. I am trying to up load pictures and will post them once I figure it out. As I am sure everyone on here knows the 31 hp kawasaki is awesome, I was apprehensive if it was enought power with the 72 inch deck on it but wow! it doesn't even know there is a deck. I can tell you this thing is built tough, on my maiden mowing I unfortunately hit a brick that was laying in the grass, with my excitement on picking it up I decided to mow at dusk and forgot I left the brick I use under the trailer tounge laying out in the open rather than putting it up like I always do, go figure. With that being said the deck never even knew it hit something. I was told these things are built to withstand a lot of punishment and this proved it to me. Although this unit will never see commercial use it will give me and probably my children and grand children many years of use. I will post pictures soon. My dealer liked the chrome wheel covers so much they are using the pic of mine in advertisements and putting them as an accessory on their wall. 30 years of being in service and mine was the first with chrome wheels, the local companies that saw it loved the look.

g8tor38
Congrats!! Cant wait for pics. Keep us up to date.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Can I ask, is it true the the new Gravely Z's with the XfactorII deck have a large discharge opening now?

Also, can I ask, what do you feel is a fair price to pay for a new 260 with the Kaw option, and a new 152 with the Kaw option?
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 02-15-2014, 05:30 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Can I ask, is it true the the new Gravely Z's with the XfactorII deck have a large discharge opening now?

Also, can I ask, what do you feel is a fair price to pay for a new 260 with the Kaw option, and a new 152 with the Kaw option?
Yes the XF 2 has a larger discharge opening. It also has adjustable front baffles which you will want to set just below the blade tips for the best all around cutting performance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2014, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Yes the XF 2 has a larger discharge opening. It also has adjustable front baffles which you will want to set just below the blade tips for the best all around cutting performance.
Posted via Mobile Device
dude I think you just do professional reviews now, get paid kick back by distributors and you secretly sold your actual lawn business several seasons ago!