Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2013, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Yup this is correct. But I will say the 100 series is no joke. I am back on our 160 for a few days so as to not put any more hours on our 460 for the trade in. I almost forgot how nimble and easy to whip around the 160 is and I enjoy that aspect of the 160. It also made me realize today that the deck on my 460 must not be pitched correctly. I cut deep soaking wet with dew lawns today in one pass clean as can be. The same lawns require double cutting with the 460 in the same conditions. Same exact deck with completely different performance results.

If they put the air ride seat on the 100 series I wouldn't even bother getting anything else. You would have to drop a 100 series off a cliff to tear it up. A 100 series not lasting as long as any other commercial mower is not even something that would cross my mind. At 1600 hours ours still performs as new. I fully expect to get another 1500+ hours out of it. The funny thing is the one and only mower we have ever hated with a passion was the 36" scag walkbehind we used to have. Terrible cut no matter what we did to it. Blade clutch froze up around 500 hours. Hard to start kawashitty. We despised that worthless pos.
I wonder if BTS is slightly lower on the 160 with the 25 kohler? You already made the switch to exmark blades for rain too right?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I bet it is off also. The dealer told me when I picked it up they set the deck pitch etc etc when they uncrate the mowers so I never bothered to check. The odd thing is after adjusting my 160 the other year to a 1/4" pitch I noticed I got more blow out the front of the deck than before. It got really bad when I tried the G6 blades. To me it looks like my 460 deck is actually pitched backward if you look at it from the side. I should check it before I trade it in so I know if its actually correct or not.

Nice stripes.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Member

"I always said the XF1 was the perfect in-between of the Scag and Exmark decks" what do you mean by this GMLC?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropctony View Post
"I always said the XF1 was the perfect in-between of the Scag and Exmark decks" what do you mean by this GMLC?
He's talking about the fact that the XF1 cuts so cleanly with smaller clippings like the Ultra Cut, but doesn't clump in the wet like one, and is more like the Scag in that regard, making the FX1 sort of a middle ground between the two.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropctony View Post

The exmark ultracut deck is highly baffled and it creates a TON of vacuum. This creates a carpet smooth cut with incredible stripes. It also causes the deck to get clogged up when the grass is even slightly damp and start spitting chunks of grass out.

The scag velocity deck is a wide open deck with very little baffling which creates much less vacuum and doesnt chop the blades of grass up and fine before it throws them out. This leaves a slightly shaggy looking cut (IMO) and not quite as defined stripes. It does keep the deck cleaner in damp conditions.

The xfactor deck is a fairly open deck but it does have some baffling. It creates enough vacuum to cut very smooth and clean and it chops the clippings up so they disperse and fall down into the turf. The deck stays pretty clean even in wet conditions. It falls right between the exmark super duper vacuum deck and the low vacuum scag velocity deck.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 05-30-2013, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Well now I am pissed. Mower did not show up yesterday or today yet. I chatted online with a gravely rep directly on gravelys website and she looked it up and said the warehouse is out and will receive more units late next week. Once the warehouse gets them then it will get shipped to my dealer. So in other words I am looking at 2 weeks before the mower comes in to my dealer. That is ridiculous.
2004 Gravely 34Z
Old 05-31-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

found a 160 with serial number 20,009
May I assume it's carrying an XFII deck?
Friggen dealer doesn't know much about Gravely it seems.
So I talked to three salesmen and only one said it is. and even he wasn't re-assuring
These guys are making me shy away from Gravely
Old 05-31-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit28 View Post
So I talked to three salesmen and only one said it is. and even he wasn't re-assuring

Yeah it should be the new deck.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=397357
2004 Gravely 34Z
Old 06-01-2013, 06:57 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Well now I am pissed. Mower did not show up yesterday or today yet. I chatted online with a gravely rep directly on gravelys website and she looked it up and said the warehouse is out and will receive more units late next week. Once the warehouse gets them then it will get shipped to my dealer. So in other words I am looking at 2 weeks before the mower comes in to my dealer. That is ridiculous.
That stinks!! Sorry bro. The 460's must be selling well. Hope you can wait another couple weeks. At least you know your getting a fresh machine and not one thats been sitting in a warehouse since last year!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2013, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit28 View Post
It really amazes me how uneducated some salesman are on the products they sell. Most of the time I would rather deal with an area rep. They normally know their stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device