Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2013, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Bad Boy blade speed?

I am in the market for my first "good" mower. I like the looks of the Bad Boy ZT Elite, but can't find blade speed specs on it anywhere. Any help?? Also, I have been told to start with the low end commercial units in my search. The only difference I see in the the CZT and the Elite is a little step up on the hydraulic pumps. Is that worth the extra $K?? I do have JD, Toro, Kubota, Exmark dealers close by that have good reputations. Am I thinking clearly that the Bad Boy, either Elite or CZT, is good enough?? My home farm is 75 acres but I only mow about 3 of that. Our greenhouses is another 3 to mow, and my hunt camp is another 1 acre. Enough machine? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would recommend going to the czt. You get bigger wheels and tires, adjuatable handles, 10mph from 6mph, but the big difference is you go to the 3400 tranny then the briggs cyclonic or fs kawa motor. Basically the 3100 tranny and fr kawa or courage pro motors are 800 to 1000 expected lifespans, to the 3400 tranny, and cyclonic or fs motors that are more 2800 expected lifespans on paper. For the $1000 extra you will get a motor and tranny designed to last twice as long or better. Blade tip speed is maximum government allowed for liability which is a hair under 19000rpms. Woth the zt i try and keep them around 3 acres a week for maximum use, any more than that i try to push into czt or outlaw range...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2013, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the CZT. so far I have been happy with it.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input! I pulled the trigger today on a brand new OUTLAW ! It just made sense to me. I learned a long time ago from an old neighbor farmer- be happy with what you buy the day you buy it! I can easily pick up a few side hustles with this mower, will be underworking it most of the time, and should be good to go for many years. 5400 series axles, 16cc pumps, and the Kawa pro! Sick!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Fuel tanks

I ordered an outlaw that should be delivered in the next week or so. Question. Didn't look, but was wondering if there is a valve to switch the fuel supply from one tank to the other or are they connected?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

They are gravity fed no switch...
Posted via Mobile Device