Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

spring rain is killing us

I wish we would see a 70 degree day. Still high 40s-low50s at night and upper 50s- low 60s for highs with 15-20 mph winds about everyday. Guess i will have the best maintained mowers around for the next little bit. I'm running out of things to work on. I need some nice weather so I can tear some stuff up
Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashlawn01 View Post
I wish we would see a 70 degree day. Still high 40s-low50s at night and upper 50s- low 60s for highs with 15-20 mph winds about everyday. Guess i will have the best maintained mowers around for the next little bit. I'm running out of things to work on. I need some nice weather so I can tear some stuff up
That is what I want--some warm weather to settle in for good. Yesterday was in the 50s. Hopefully, Sunday was the last of chilly temps. Wednesday is supposed to be in the mid 70s and Thursday in the mid 80s
I don't have many yards this season so all this rain will help out with that. Floods and drought cycles are just a natural part of this business. We never get used to them though. But on the up side, the competition faces the similar challenges. If it were easy then nobody would go out of business
Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

spring rain is killing us

Yep. I'm just ready for nice weather. Tired of wearing coats. We had snow starting in October through April. 7 months with snow then it's rained since then. Next seven days shows rain everyday but Thursday and Monday temps around 60.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yesterday they posted a flood warning on the Coosa river near the dam. Thats where nearly all my business is. It rained most of the night last night, Its looking like a real lean week.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Its been raining here pretty much every day for 10 days. Way behind. Rain for 2 more days then looks like break possibly.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I live this site, as does my wife. She gets tired of listening to me and this site makes for a great outlet of people who understand. The weather forecast changes by the day. Just yesterday it was supposed to be sunny most of the week. I checked this morning and now they're calling for rain again Wed, Thurs, Fri. So that means that I hit as many lawns as I can today and tomorrow, but then they're all bunched up and will all need mowing again at the same time. It's hard to unbunch them.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rain has me stopped today as well. We have had entirely to much rain in the last 72 hours. The local river here is flowing just at 50,000 Cubic Feet of Water a Second and the sea level has risen very fast. Most docks and camp sites are under water. Iv had to call my customers and let them know I can't cut due to it being so wet. I'm solo and work another full time job so it really effects me hen I get behind. It's tough. I'm glad we have a little rain but its got to stop and allow us to catch up. On top of this I have the flu and severe upper respitory infection.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2013, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We've had quite a few rainy days last week and starting off with rain today and tomorrow again.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, a good rain every saturday nite or sunday; that would be perfect
Old 05-06-2013, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Not here, I've been using the new non-stick Nevr-clump deck and it's just fantastic, nothing sticks to the underside no matter how damp or tall and no clumping whatsoever... I was out today cutting this two foot high grass in a heavy down pour and that stuff came out looking great!