Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-06-2013, 11:43 PM
kinneberg lawn service's Avatar
kinneberg lawn service kinneberg lawn service is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: preston Minnesota
Posts: 26
I like how you said no snow... Last week we got over 8 inches of it record since the 40's
now being 70 degrees snow is gone, grass is growing extremely fast-- all nitrogen from snow.
May be I will actually be ablely to start mowing finally
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:59 AM
CreativeLawncareSolutions's Avatar
CreativeLawncareSolutions CreativeLawncareSolutions is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: cincinnati, oh
Posts: 1,530
Double and triple cutting lawns is getting kind of old. Stupid rain.
__________________


F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Southern Lawn Care, LLC Southern Lawn Care, LLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
Double and triple cutting lawns is getting kind of old. Stupid rain.
You got that right. Even in a 4 day span its hard to keep up with due to this amount of rain fall. The accounts that I have that are flat I cut. Most of mine have a slight hill in them and all the ZT wants to do is spin because its so slick.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-07-2013, 08:49 AM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 9,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Lawn Care, LLC View Post
You got that right. Even in a 4 day span its hard to keep up with due to this amount of rain fall. The accounts that I have that are flat I cut. Most of mine have a slight hill in them and all the ZT wants to do is spin because its so slick.
Posted via Mobile Device
Im debating weather I should go out today, I thing it rained som more last night.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Caddyshack Lawn Care Caddyshack Lawn Care is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Columbia MO
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeLawncareSolutions View Post
Double and triple cutting lawns is getting kind of old. Stupid rain.
I'm with you. I was running behind yesterday and didn't have time to double cut the last couple of lawns. The're not pretty but I hope folks understand.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Southern Lawn Care, LLC Southern Lawn Care, LLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Im debating weather I should go out today, I thing it rained som more last night.
Yes sir I think it did. I'm considering going out and cutting a few flat properties I have. All my accounts are in Odenville but I have the flu so that has been slowed down and thinking is it worth chancing being sick longer. I see they extended the flood warning for the river. My camper stays at lake side landing I think it will be alright but if the water keeps rising il have to go and move it.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 AM
04cubcadet3235 04cubcadet3235 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lancaster, ny
Posts: 59
I wish i could have rain here, it hasn't rained in 3 weeks. It's been about 85-90 every day, ive already mowed many times this year starting in march, but now its just getting too hot and dry.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-07-2013, 09:01 PM
larryinalabama larryinalabama is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ragland Al
Posts: 9,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Lawn Care, LLC View Post
Yes sir I think it did. I'm considering going out and cutting a few flat properties I have. All my accounts are in Odenville but I have the flu so that has been slowed down and thinking is it worth chancing being sick longer. I see they extended the flood warning for the river. My camper stays at lake side landing I think it will be alright but if the water keeps rising il have to go and move it.
I went out I have 4 houses near the dam, Id say the water level is atleast 5' above everyones seawall, all the docks are under water. I was able to do 3 houses, one was completely under water and couldnt be done, and I have one that isnt on the lake it was soaked but I managed. The othe 2 on the water I did what I could they are on slopes and didnt have any problems, obiviously I couldnt cut the grass that was under water.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Southern Lawn Care, LLC Southern Lawn Care, LLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
I went out I have 4 houses near the dam, Id say the water level is atleast 5' above everyones seawall, all the docks are under water. I was able to do 3 houses, one was completely under water and couldnt be done, and I have one that isnt on the lake it was soaked but I managed. The othe 2 on the water I did what I could they are on slopes and didnt have any problems, obiviously I couldnt cut the grass that was under water.
I'm glad you were able to do them. At least they will be good until next week. Tomorrow I will try and get a few of more elevated yards done.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 PM
nashlawn01's Avatar
nashlawn01 nashlawn01 is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southwest VA
Posts: 406
spring rain is killing us

Well we lucked out today. Was supposed to have gotten 2 inches of rain but it stayed all around us and we got to work in a dry bubble. Ended up having my first $1000 day of the season. Hopefully the rest of the week we can get some grass cut between the rain.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.07191 seconds with 7 queries