Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-12-2013, 02:11 PM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 2,018
Here's a pic of them... they don't have the Vibram sole, but still... these should hold pretty well, and they are already pretty flexible right out of the box.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 1,961
GEORGE! Get yer boots off my furniture!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 1,961
How has nobody mentioned Timberland Pro's yet? I have worn them all, straight work boots, hiking boots, hybrid hiking/work boots.... And IMHO Timberland Pro's are absolutely the best.... Long lasting and super comfortable... Steel toe or not you will love these boots.. Oh yeah, they rock Vibram too!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Green-Man Green-Man is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 662
Just so many choices i cant make up my mind I need to get a new pair soon! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-12-2013, 11:58 PM
DQL10's Avatar
DQL10 DQL10 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 259
I wear these

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...ger-boot-brown

Have had them for almost 3 years now. Need a new sole but will continue to wear them till the end of the year.

And these

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...ger-boot-brown

But I get a good deal at Redwing.
__________________
- nate
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-13-2013, 08:15 AM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 2,018
I had a pair of loggers a long, long time ago, but I never could get used to the higher heel... I'm already 6'3"... those things made me about 6'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQL10 View Post
I wear these

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...ger-boot-brown

Have had them for almost 3 years now. Need a new sole but will continue to wear them till the end of the year.

And these

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...ger-boot-brown

But I get a good deal at Redwing.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Ray_Lawns's Avatar
Ray_Lawns Ray_Lawns is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE AL
Posts: 125
I assume I will get beat up for this but I wear a pair of Bass water shoes with no socks and if I am on a nice flat area where I don't have to float or raise the deck any I take them off and put them on the floorboard of the mower and go barefoot. I keep a pair if goretex adidas shies and some Rocky's in the truck if I need the as backup though.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-13-2013, 03:18 PM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 2,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Lawns View Post
I assume I will get beat up for this but I wear a pair of Bass water shoes with no socks and if I am on a nice flat area where I don't have to float or raise the deck any I take them off and put them on the floorboard of the mower and go barefoot. I keep a pair if goretex adidas shies and some Rocky's in the truck if I need the as backup though.
key word! I'm in WV... our idea of flat is a 20 degree slope...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Ray_Lawns's Avatar
Ray_Lawns Ray_Lawns is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE AL
Posts: 125
Haha I understand GC most of what I do is flat like 0° so I get to enjoy the bare feet alot . I am safe about all I do and I do throw the adidas on when I have to pick up a trimmer. My thoughts about it are to enjoy myself as much as I can while I am making a few pennies .
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-13-2013, 05:30 PM
DQL10's Avatar
DQL10 DQL10 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
I had a pair of loggers a long, long time ago, but I never could get used to the higher heel... I'm already 6'3"... those things made me about 6'6"
Yeah same here. That is the only downside to them.
__________________
- nate
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.07441 seconds with 8 queries