Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-06-2014, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker17 View Post
Thanks Caddyshack. What is the average for Como for a weekly/bi-weekly? Also, I currently have a 2 door car that I plan to use initially as my "work truck." Do you think it would seem unprofessional if I pulled up in my car and popped the trunk to pull out my equipment or do you think it would be a better idea to invest in a $2k-$4k S-10 or something. What are your thoughts?

I see a lot of posts on here about not going into debt when first starting, but I also know that the way customers view your company has a lot to do with the possibility of growing.

Thanks for the previous advice.
Yeah, get a truck. No one wants a car with a mower handle sticking out the trunk parked in front of their house. It's a terrible image.

The posts you read about not going into debt when starting out are people discouraging you from buying a new 4WD, 20 ft enclosed trailer, 2 commercial ZTRs, etc. before you have any customers. No one is discouraging you from investing in basic equipment to start a business.

If you have no customers now, start with the basics. A small used truck, a good mower, trimmer and blower, and a solid work ethic. Work hard and give excellent results and you'll have more business than you can handle. I've posted on here a few times about having so much that I've had to scale back a few times over the years. It really is that good.