Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

for 12,000 of the sticker i'll fly down to nc and drive the truck home. that sounds like a deal to me, 38,000 for a fully loaded f150 with the ecoboost. I would do that as soon as im ready to buy another truck....but this year i have already bought two new trailers, a new back pack, and other misc. stuff, so maybe around the fall time i'll be ready to commit to a truck, gotta see how my year goes. I want one now, but refuse to over extend myself so, i gotta relax with my spending until september, and just work and save.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

2012 F150 EcoBoost Crew Cab 5.5 ft box here.

Mostly used to drive myself and my family around.

But can tow a 5'x'10' trailer loaded along with bed loaded and get 20 mpg using premium going 55-60. Drops to 19 going 60-65.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Member

2 years with eco boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
well my curiosity got the best of me and had some free time, so i stopped by one of my local ford dealers and drove the number one selling pick up truck in the country, the f150, I test drove a fully loaded super crew, with the 3.5 eco boost and i will say the 365hp it makes with the turbo really makes it scoot along very nicely, the 6spd transmission compliments the power perfectly. the heated and air cooled seats work great on a hot day....and the towing capacity of 11,000lbs makes it possible for it to tow a trailer in a back up situation if my f350 was to break down. i have no doubt this truck could easily tow my lawn trailer which is a dual axle 18' big tex 10pi with my scag cheetah no issues and get the same if not better fuel economy then my 7.3 turbo diesel f350 with a tuner in it, and the f150 is actually comfortable to drive and i don't have to worry about it breaking down like a newer diesel truck, plus empty they supposedly get over 20mpg on the highway. Anyone using this combo for doing estimates or as a personal vehicle? thoughts? the msrp was a little scary at 50,000 but i'm sure the truck could be bought closer to 35,000 with some patience...
Purchased an eco boost xlt crew cab shortly after they they first came out and have over two years and about 45k on her. I have not regretted it once.

Got 180k+ out of f150 with small v-8 but wanted something and when she started nickel and diming me I wanted to replace her with something that got better mileage. And the eco boost has been great on on the mileage.

Live on a farm but most of my driving is highway without tow for my day job. On weekends I tow about a ton on a trailer that weighs about 1500 lb and the ecobost mileage drops down a little.

The truck handles like a dream.

I usually drive defensively, but if someone with a tricked out Chevy or Dodge gets on my bumper, and acts like an idiot, I tap on the gas. Turbo kicks in, picks you up and throws you back against your seat. And the guy who was on my tail is history.

A little buying tip. Call ford and email them and tell them you are in the market and want the brochure with the coupon. They sent me another $750 off after best deal with dealer.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

No Ecoboost MPG computations?
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 08-26-2013, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Eco Boost Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
No Ecoboost MPG computations?
Cruise control set at 75 on 2-3 hour trips with two adults and another two adults worth of weight in baggage and mountain bike in bed, 21.5 miles per gallon. Not bad for a 4x4 crew cab.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

My next personal vehicle will be the 13 Platinum F150 with the Eco boost, Right now I have a 11 F150 with the 5.0 in it which is my personal vehicle and when I drive that I see 18-19 and when I occasionally use it for mowing I see 11-12 with 2 zero turns with baggers and a 18' trailer My normal mowing truck switches between my 05 F350 6.0 and my 2010 F350 6.4
But I am not hesitant at all on the Eco F150 unless the rumor for the 2014-2015 3.2L powerstroke F150 is true!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

good to hear some nice things about the f150 with the ecoboost. and the rumors of a 3.2 powerstroke can't be too far off, because cummins is putting a diesel into a 1/2 ton truck really soon or its already in production I can't remember.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

There is a 5.0 V-8 Cummins going into the new Nissan Titan, and Dodge has some off brand diesel going in there 2014 1500
Old 08-26-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
well my curiosity got the best of me and had some free time, so i stopped by one of my local ford dealers and drove the number one selling pick up truck in the country, the f150, I test drove a fully loaded super crew, with the 3.5 eco boost and i will say the 365hp it makes with the turbo really makes it scoot along very nicely, the 6spd transmission compliments the power perfectly. the heated and air cooled seats work great on a hot day....and the towing capacity of 11,000lbs makes it possible for it to tow a trailer in a back up situation if my f350 was to break down. i have no doubt this truck could easily tow my lawn trailer which is a dual axle 18' big tex 10pi with my scag cheetah no issues and get the same if not better fuel economy then my 7.3 turbo diesel f350 with a tuner in it, and the f150 is actually comfortable to drive and i don't have to worry about it breaking down like a newer diesel truck, plus empty they supposedly get over 20mpg on the highway. Anyone using this combo for doing estimates or as a personal vehicle? thoughts? the msrp was a little scary at 50,000 but i'm sure the truck could be bought closer to 35,000 with some patience...
My father bought a load lariat one it sucks on gas Pulled a 12 ft trailer and hauled 2 72'' DC from St Louis and only got 9-10 out of it that's running I 70 interstate That's pulling out of overdrive
His empty does get 20 out of it
His Powerstoke gets better towing then his 3.5 ECO boost
Even my 5.4 gets better towing
Old 08-27-2013, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I believe I read that the 3 liter diesel going into the Ram 1500 is Italian.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings