Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-10-2013, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

hydraulic motor challenge Lesco Commercial Mower

I have a Lesco 52" 25hp Kohler Commercial Mower that I acquired, and believe me if I could locate the model and serial number I would have provided it already however... I am presently looking to replace the right side hydraulic wheel motor.

Having contacted the previous owner I am told Parker makes the motor, having removed this motor and separated the brake drum assembly I have found the letters J4 and 1833 stamped into the casing, and the numbers 012612 and 072-96 stamped onto a plate that is riveted onto the motor, the shaft is keyed, it is all I can glean from this part.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2013, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Having contacted the previous owner I am told Parker makes the motor

He's right herler...... That appears to be a 110A series wheel motor, You can gander here; http://www.hzpme.com/guangpan/parker...t/15300004.pdf

It looks like you have the "J" mounting so measuring the housing length as outlined on page 35 should give you the Parker model number to try locating one......
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannsLawnService View Post
some times the man in my mirror isn't so smart...
"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just went through that last year on a Lesco Z sprayer. That wheel motor is no longer available. The replacement is a Hydro Gear. I can supply you the replacement motor #'s on Monday. Take the numbers off the back tag of the wheel motor to confirm. They should be TF0240LS08AATD if it's the one I'm thing of.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I got the measurements for the Length as described on the chart, it is a real trick with a tape as the motor isn't flat but after many measurements and back and forth I am thinking it could be 3.4 which comes out to the model 129 and the reason I am willing to stick to this is because 12.9 cu in is a common displacement for these machines... Fortunately the next measurement down being 3.15 just seems too far off, and I don't see it being a 16 cu in motor either.

Now I don't see where I'm going to get one of these...
Yes, I tried Ebay.

As for the tag, those numbers I don't see.

We do have here in the city a place that rebuilds Hydraulic motors, you might shoot me those Hydro Gear numbers anyhow and I may take it in to see if they can rebuild it or tell me where to get a new one and...Oh!!!

I hope they don't cost north of a thousand...