Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

taskeasy

i had a company called task easy contact me today it sounded very sketchy has anyone ever heard of them id really appreciate it
Old 05-10-2013, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

On the surface, it doesn't look sketchy. It looks like any other middleman. The bigger question is how much traction do they have? They seem to have been in business for over a year, but I can't find any legitimate news or coverage of the company, so I would wonder what the statistical probability of you landing work from them in your service area really is. On the advertising front, they look to have a very minimal effort going with adwords and other similar. (I'm pretty tied in to the services startup scene and have only heard of them in passing, via this site.)

fwiw, there was another post during the Winter that asked a similar question and it, and the follow up response, were deleted. There was nothing inflammatory in it, so it may have stepped on an advertisers toes or is known to be problematic.

My advice? Look at other, better known (and marketed) lead-gen options. Working for x% on the dollar usually gets old rather quickly.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How is he trolling? His question is perfectly valid. To answer it, they are just another company looking for saps to maintain REO props for peanuts and then not pay them. Nick is a new guy and those are just the ones those companies prey on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-10-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

To add a bit of context to Patriot's post, there was a post deleted in-between his and mine.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

so your advice would be to not take the job then ???
Old 05-11-2013, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Nick, as a new member here, the quality of advice you receive is going to be commensurate with the quality of details provided . "These guys called me today. Anyone ever heard of them?" isn't remotely sufficient to give you yes/no answer you seem to be looking for. What's the job? Are you going in blind or what level of detail do they give you to evaluate whether you want to do it or not? Is it a one time job? What do they pay you versus what you would charge to do the same on your own? When do they pay you?

For me, going by how similar services work, I wouldn't do it. A customer isn't paying them $100 to mow a $35 yard, with you getting $50. A customer is likely paying them $35 to mow a $35 yard, with you getting $15-$20.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Nick, as a new member here, the quality of advice you receive is going to be commensurate with the quality of details provided . "These guys called me today. Anyone ever heard of them?" isn't remotely sufficient to give you yes/no answer you seem to be looking for. What's the job? Are you going in blind or what level of detail do they give you to evaluate whether you want to do it or not? Is it a one time job? What do they pay you versus what you would charge to do the same on your own? When do they pay you?

For me, going by how similar services work, I wouldn't do it. A customer isn't paying them $100 to mow a $35 yard, with you getting $50. A customer is likely paying them $35 to mow a $35 yard, with you getting $15-$20.
Not to mention a long list of strict requirements. Everything from numerous photos to bagging of clippings and trash hauling. Then there is the tedious uploading of pictures and filling out of forms. All of which will be heavily scrutinized with the hope of finding a reason not to pay you. The lucky payment you might get will probably be 30-60 days down the road. If the work was so easy and profitable guys would be slitting eachothers tires to get it. Every foreclosure yard in my community that uses these companies always has a different ramshackle looking company show up every month, once a month.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2013, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've never provided service for that company. I know the companies I provide service for, I don't have to bag clippings or haul trash. I bid shrubs if overgrown or a nuisance, natural debris removal (palm fronds, down trees etc etc) and Brazilian Pepper removal. I have some properties I've been maintaining EOW for several years. I also have some upscale properties in gated communities that I service weekly during season and EOW during off season. I won't provide services for companies like Patriot described.

Nick there are better places to get the information your wanting from people who actually work in the preservation business. I can't post here as every time I post about a different site to get information from my post is deleted. Once you hit 10 posts private message me and I'll point you in the right direction.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Greg you have to be the only person here on to ever post about a positive experience with REOs or preservation companies.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2013, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Greg you have to be the only person here on to ever post about a positive experience with REOs or preservation companies.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's all who you get in with. Lots of terrible companies out there. I've been providing reo lawn cuts since 2008 and have had mostly positive experiences.
Closed Thread