Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-24-2012, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Member

North American Maintenance Co., Inc.

Does anybody have any history with North American Maintenance Co., Inc. out of Safe harbour Florida. Got a contract with them to maintain the Blockbuster videos. Having problems getting paid. Had the contract since December 2011 have only received one payment. Also got a contract with Brickman Group on some Lowes store they are also slow paying. If anybody has in info let me know thanks.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Why work for a management company?

Did you know that they sell themselves to customers as being cheaper then dealing with locals. They low ball. Then they get a local that does not realize what they are up to and sub the work out taking a hefty cut before they pay the sub.

Customer: I was paying $100

Management Co: We can do it for $80

Sub: Agrees to do it for $50, aka lowballing, and complains why the pricing is falling so low.

Most MCo's are slow to pay, build in loop holes in contracts to get out of paying full amount.

I only can remember that Brickman gets the least complaints about paying.

But that does not mean much when for every poster says they paid well. There is a poster that says the don't'

50/50 deal doesn't sound all that good to me.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

RHilton

I did a one time contract for North American Maintenance in April. They are a 45 day net. Its been 47 days and I have not recieved payment .
Old 08-10-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't do business with North American Maintenance Co

Hello,

We are having a much similar issue. We signed one time agreement as well as bi weekly agreements. They have not paid on time once. We currently have 6 outstanding invoices that are 60 days + over due. Everytime we call, they give us the run around, won't let us speak to the AP. They gave us some BS response that we can't talk directly to them because they have to have written documenation of the conversation. So we've sent them multiple emails, they are supposted to respond within 48 hours, it took a month for one response. We are taking our complaints to the better business bureau. I wouldn't suggest doing business for them ever again.

Owners
Mercenary Lawn Care
Old 08-10-2012, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

OK, I know there are a couple good ones out there. But by and large, these NSP's\area management companies all seem to operate the same way, screw the little guy.

Just say NO!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:52 AM
LawnSite Member

I received a partial payment after I told them that services have been stopped for non payment. They called me and wanted me to start service again. I refused and never got paid for the other invoices . A lesson learned !
Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm doing a one time contract work for North American Maintenance Co, After reading all the posting about them it's getting me worried, I am doing a irrigation repair for Blockbuster Dish in Hawaii and I already put out several Hundreds of dollars on the this job and still keep finding problems on the irrigation<What should I do? Does anybody have any good suggestion for me?
Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmillservices View Post
Does anybody have any history with North American Maintenance Co., Inc. out of Safe harbour Florida. Got a contract with them to maintain the Blockbuster videos. Having problems getting paid. Had the contract since December 2011 have only received one payment. Also got a contract with Brickman Group on some Lowes store they are also slow paying. If anybody has in info let me know thanks.
I'm currently doing a one contract with them to do a irrigation repair for blockbuster dish here in Hawaii, I'm afraid they are not going to pay me too< already spend money on this work,,,
Can't we just go to Blockbuster and tell them the sub contract price and pay u directly and get rid of the middle man,,, this way they will save a lot money and we won't have any problem with getting out payments
Old 09-07-2012, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Good luck on getting paid I would not do anymore until you at least get some payment. We have had a contract since 12-11. have received less than half money.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

many of the middleman companies operate the same way--they make the paperwork and hassle factor so high, that most little guys won't/cannot keep up with the paperwork and stop trying to collect--
they make their money on saving the customer money--that means when they get you to take less than the full amount on an invoice, they make money-

read the contract that they might have made you sign prior to starting work and follow the contract to the nth degree--

hopefully you made them sign something --
I'd send all bills certified mail with a read receipt--

talk to them on the phone and fax it and then ask them if they received it--ask to talk to a manager every time--if they continue to give you the run around, ask them for their contact with Blockbuster or whatever company they work for--then start calling them instead of the management company-

go into the blockbuster and ask the manager of the store for the regional managers name and contact info-

I do my best to NOT EVER sign someone else's contract--its my contract or no work-
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me