Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-09-2013, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
That is only due to difference of cutting in my area versus yours, what is useless to you in your area may be more profitable due to time being money for LCO's in my area. The cut of the VX4 must be as satisfactory to those that mow for a living in my area; as it is to me, if this were not fact my dealer would not have sold well over 200 of the Hustlers this year.

He has sold around 400+ Hustlers and Bobcats combined this year, and around 50 Gravely's, I realize you have no idea of what this means, but it means Gravely is picking up a larger share of his sales than in previous years, which is a good thing for his business.

I see trailers with Super Z's and X-ONE's constantly, along with seeing many others physically mowing grass in large numbers, as a matter of fact, for every one Gravely I see mowing or on a trailer, I will see 30 Hustlers filling the same need.

The LCO's in this area of the country are picking up on the Gravely's, but I really don't understand why it has been so slow, is there that much difference in price?

I know my dealer said he could sell a new Hustler Super Z HD 60" for $11,600, that seems like a good price, but I honestly don't know.

What would the going price be for a comparable 400 series Gravely?

Maybe someone else can give the price they've been quoted for the Super Z HD and the 400 series Gravely in their area as a comparison.
I believe the going price is around 12000 for a 400 series. I got fleet pricing so my 452 with a bagger was 10600. Can you do me a favor? Check the front tires on your 400 series demo. ProStreet just reported in my XF2 thread that his new 460 came with rock hard front tires! This is a little disappointing to me but I know a lot of people complained about the flat spots in the morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2013, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I believe the going price is around 12000 for a 400 series. I got fleet pricing so my 452 with a bagger was 10600. Can you do me a favor? Check the front tires on your 400 series demo. ProStreet just reported in my XF2 thread that his new 460 came with rock hard front tires! This is a little disappointing to me but I know a lot of people complained about the flat spots in the morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Those flat spots are so insignificant I really don't understand why anyone would complain, but those complaints could have made it worse for all. I will get the information off the tires and check what you are talking about.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
New Holland isn't too far from where I work my morning job, and Telford isn't too far from where I live. Humidity isn't all that bad....yet. What dealers are you visiting for the Demos?
Posted via Mobile Device
It looks like my family in Telford is coming in to New Holland so I probably won't be heading that direction. Mostly staying in the New Holland area.

I just did used the dealer locator on then manu's webs and pulled up the closest dealers. Then I contacted my father to see if he had any feel as to which of these would be the largest. He wasn't much help in regards to knowing dealer size or volume other than he new Hollingers was big. So I called Hollingers and spoke to Chris, which checked things out and called me back in two hours, setting up a Lazer X RED demo at 9:00 a.m. Thur. Then I just called the closest dealer for Scag and Ferris, which were Horsts and Martin's Repair, and verified they had a 61" Cheetah and a 3100 to demo and I'm gonna play their schedules by ear but hopefully that same day. All three claim they have plenty of grass to try them on but we all know what some peoples idea of grass can be, so I am having my sister and father skip there mows so I have their lawns as a backup demo area.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
It looks like my family in Telford is coming in to New Holland so I probably won't be heading that direction. Mostly staying in the New Holland area.

I just did used the dealer locator on then manu's webs and pulled up the closest dealers. Then I contacted my father to see if he had any feel as to which of these would be the largest. He wasn't much help in regards to knowing dealer size or volume other than he new Hollingers was big. So I called Hollingers and spoke to Chris, which checked things out and called me back in two hours, setting up a Lazer X RED demo at 9:00 a.m. Thur. Then I just called the closest dealer for Scag and Ferris, which were Horsts and Martin's Repair, and verified they had a 61" Cheetah and a 3100 to demo and I'm gonna play their schedules by ear but hopefully that same day. All three claim they have plenty of grass to try them on but we all know what some peoples idea of grass can be, so I am having my sister and father skip there mows so I have their lawns as a backup demo area.
I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on each of the demos, you will actually get a better feel for comparison by demoing all the mowers that close together time-wise.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mowed all afternoon today again with the G6's. Some of it was kinda tall as these lawns should have been cut this past Friday!

It cut well, no clumps, spitting or any other negative. Dust wasn't a concern as we got half a foot of rain since Friday! Ground is wet and so is the grass.

I'm happy with the performance of the stock blades, I just feel that in heavy cutting there may be a bit of blade flex. I'd like to try a good set of 1/4" thick factory type high lifts. Toro uses 1/4" thick, wonder what eXmarks' reason is to why they stuck with a thinner blade all these years?
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So, are you happier with the factory blades than with the G6's now that you've used them a bit with this machine?
Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I cant see using them the rest of the summer....Too much dust.

But today, with it being long and wet, other than the deck not bouncing as much, I don't think you could tell QOC wise which blades were on the machine.

Like I said, I'd like to try a 1/4" blade with maybe a hair more lift wing surface area.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How are you adjusting to the lack of speed and rougher ride? These are two of the big things for me to get past.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Does Oregon or anyone else for that matter, make what you need for the Exmark deck? I'm not up on blades available for them.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you end up getting a striper kit? I would guess the Lazer stripes as well or better than a SZ even without a kit. I do like the way Exmarks kit looks.