Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2013, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I gotta get me one of these.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
Two days after I brought it home, the ROPS was removed. Doing this took weight off the rear of the mower. I found myself at a loss of traction, and as soon as the front end pointed down hill, rear traction was gone.

I looked into it further and found a steel plate bolted to the underside of the foot platform. As soon as I removed this, it went back to normal. I think the balance is even better now!

Here is everything I removed and the respective weights of each (lbs):

Weight Plate - 21.5
U section of ROPS - 23.5
Trim side ROPS post - 7.0
Seatbelt - 2.0
OEM discharge chute - 5.5

That's 59.5 pounds of unneeded "stuff"
I would never think about taking the front plate out of mine.. That is the only weakness compared to my older Laser HP is that the front end is WAY to light.. I have hills on customers properties that I used to run up them at full stick, no problem. If I try that on my newer mower it lifts the front wheels up as if your going to flip it over... I do have a 48" compared to your 60" and don't know if there is any difference as far as the weight distribution but it's definitely staying on mine...
Old 08-18-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
I would never think about taking the front plate out of mine.. That is the only weakness compared to my older Laser HP is that the front end is WAY to light.. I have hills on customers properties that I used to run up them at full stick, no problem. If I try that on my newer mower it lifts the front wheels up as if your going to flip it over... I do have a 48" compared to your 60" and don't know if there is any difference as far as the weight distribution but it's definitely staying on mine...
Am thinking one could easily add a few pounds to the front end in an inconspicuous location solving your problem.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
Am thinking one could easily add a few pounds to the front end in an inconspicuous location solving your problem.

What do you think? Double plate it on the front... i guess just get longer bolts/nuts & mount it under the front? I really just got used to it and just slowed down on those areas.. they also offer the bagger weight kit
Old 08-18-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
What do you think? Double plate it on the front... i guess just get longer bolts/nuts & mount it under the front? I really just got used to it and just slowed down on those areas.. they also offer the bagger weight kit
If you have the pneumatic fronts on it you could swap them for the run flats. They weigh a LOT more than the pneumatics do. In fact, in one of my Deere manuals, they even make mention that if you add a rear bagger, the number of front weights (42 lbs each) needed to offset the bagger when full is less if you have the run flats.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
If you have the pneumatic fronts on it you could swap them for the run flats. They weigh a LOT more than the pneumatics do. In fact, in one of my Deere manuals, they even make mention that if you add a rear bagger, the number of front weights (42 lbs each) needed to offset the bagger when full is less if you have the run flats.
It came from the factory with flat free tires...
Old 08-18-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
It came from the factory with flat free tires...
Drill a hole in them, fill them with sand, then plug the hole
Old 08-18-2013, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Drill a hole in them, fill them with sand, then plug the hole
To funny....
Old 08-18-2013, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Could you imagine what you'd think if you saw someone doing that, or worse- what someone else would think if you told them you did that?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Call the factory. Maybe they didn't install all the required weights. There is a chart specifying required weights in my manual.