Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-16-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uponone605 View Post
This I can't wrap my head around. You have to walk back down the drive anyway and sweeping both sides of the drive in one pass takes longer then splitting the drive in half and walking up and back blowing one way. The br600 has more then enough power for grass and then some. I'm currently running 7500s and I must say I'm surprisingly impressed with them. A bit more power then the br and pretty comfortable considering its wieght. I absolutely hate the left hand throttle though and they are very loud. When it comes time for leaf cleanups Ill only run a br. No blower is more comfortable, lighter, easy to start, quiet, while having the power it does. I'll sacrifice a little bit of power to blow in comfort for 8hrs straight.
I run the Husky 570 which is the same basic machine as your 7500's, and it is far more comfortable than the BR600. I sold my 600 (which was like new) because I always had to re-adjust the darn thing on my shoulders. I never have that problem with the Husky. The Husky's shoulder harness is much better in design and use than the Stihl or the 7500's. I have run every major brand big BP in the last few years, so I'm not talking without experience here. I run my blowers almost exclusively for leaves in the fall, and I wear mine for the whole day too. The 600 was better on fuel, but the power of the 570 more than made up for the added fuel use. Aside from the shoulder harness and the fact that my 570 is a lot more blower than my 600 was, I like the 600 overall, and if it had a shoulder harness system like the Husky, I'd buy another one.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Also, I find it interesting how much they ask you very nicely not to let the blower get dirty or in poor shape. Apparently it makes the Germans cry when you don't take care of your lawn equipment...
Old 07-17-2013, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, this Dolmar BP is a big step-up from a HH. If you'll reread my earlier post...you'll see that I'll be using my RM 8001 during leaf season due to the added power over the Dolmar. Not saying the Dolmar can't get it done, but saving time when the leaves are falling is a high priority since lawns generally already take longer in Nov.

Also, I would never say that using Mobil 1 15w-50 in a 4-stroke (mower/blower/trimmer) is "incompatible". My research into mineral composition of oils led me to this conclusion. But, I'll let you do your own research.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...duct_Guide.pdf

Enjoy your Dolmar!
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Replaced the Dino/Pennzoil 10w-30 post-break-in oil with Mobil 1 15w-50 this afternoon in both my HH 4-strokes: Honda 35cc trimmer and Dolmar BP.
To my ear, I'm positive I hear some added RPMs and faster revving upon firing them up with their new synthetic oil.

I kid you not...I do NOT miss the smell of burned 2-stroke oil. Whenever I drive by someone/anyone trimming or using a blower, it just brings back stanky memories. Glad I made the switch...for me and the environment = which includes my customers and their downwind neighbors.
And, this Honda trimmer is so dang quiet comparatively...with gobs of low end power.
~ Josh Billings
Old 10-27-2013, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Member

how do you like your dolmar now that the leaves are here? So far I've used mine to clear over 2 acres of leaf covered yard total, including a yard where I had to blow the leaves up hill, and one yard where I had a bunch of green walnuts to blow. most of the yards the leaves were soaking wet.

this blower is powerful, it's nice that no matter how wet the leaves were, it was able to blow a decent size pile of them around without being overwhelmed. dry leaves were no contest. my parent's yard has a ton of walnuts in it and on the street. what walnuts I could get to the street or the part of the sidewalk that is mostly flat I could just blow right over to the curb into a nice pile for pickup. I can only imagine how a more powerful blower would be.

a couple times now I've had this blower on a good part of the day (6 hours) in long stretches, and I have to say I can definitely appreciate the engineering that has gone into this unit to make it be, and most importantly, feel very light weight and comfortable. I have yet to notice any vibration worth mentioning at speed, though it does vibrate slightly when accelerating. I've been told by several people they were impressed with how quiet it was, and how effortlessly it blew the wet leaves and walnuts (I have to say, I have to agree with them). since the first oil change (synthetic), I can get almost 2 hours out of a tank. this does obviously include some time walking a idle. I'd like to eventually try one of the famed husky/redmax models, but for my budget, and what I wanted, I have to say, this blower has more than impressed me.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Member

and I have to agree, the trimmers are definitely very quiet, I am SOOOO happy with how quiet my 4 stroke trimmer is.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Dolmar pb -7601.4 - Slight Issue assistance please

Hello All. New to the group. Would appreciate any help. Please and Thank you. I purchased a Dolmar late last year. I have used it a total of 4 to 6 times. Very low hours and very low work load (Small yard) Leaves only. Have not had it run continusoulsy for over 1 hour. Ever. I noticed the last two times I have used it that after about 20 minutes I am loosing some power - about 15 to 20%. It doesnt bog down when at full power, but there is definately less RPM. It will eventually "accelerate" back up to near maximim power, but that happens every 15 minutes or so. I am probably not doing the right thing in terms of gas. When I am finished using the machine I just shut it off until I am ready to use it again. I have not gotten to 20 hours so i have not changed the oil. The gas is 89 oct. It starts immediately. I never have a problem. It never stalls and it never sputters. It concerns me that I loose power intermittently.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. This is my first backpack blower.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've run my Dolmar BP blower nearly all season with zero issues, fwiw.
First off, I will recommend ethanol-free fuel especially if you're not operating it regularly and the fuel is sitting in it for extended periods of time.

Re: your power issue - Are you using the trigger or cruise control when this happens? I've noticed the cruise control doesn't seem to achieve peak revs/RPMs out of the engine like the trigger will.

Go ahead and change the oil as per your owner's manual. I've been referencing mine as I've typed...and strangely, I find no mention of a spark arrestor screen is this machine, or I would suggest checking it for carbon accumulation. Perhaps I missed it in the manual?
~ Josh Billings
Old 11-17-2013, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm not some big LCO, so I've only cleared about 3-4 acres total with mine, and only have about 35-40 hours on mine, but mine starts and runs great. is it possible your air cleaner is plugged? are you using fuel stabilizer in your gas? I use the fuel stabilizer recommended by my dealer for ethanol fuel, and don't have any problem. when you do change your oil, I highly recommend synthetic, it seems to work much better in these small engines. otherwise, try taking it to your dealer for warranty repair.

valk, how would you compare the power with your other blower?
Old 11-17-2013, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demar002 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I have not used gas stablizer will for now on. I am also going to look for ethanol free gas. I took the air filter off and I found just a bit of oil in the black tubing leading to the airfilter. Not sure why that is. Or if it is normal.
Posted via Mobile Device