Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-05-2014, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

gravely pro stance 52?

any one run a 2013 pro stance gravely 52" stand on? My dealer has one he is trying to get rid of will make a good deal on it. I am coming off a deere 54" ztr. I am kinda set on getting a 60" stander as my next mower but the good deal is making me thing about it. I don't like the complicated linkage on the deck lift, rather just have chain hangers. also the deck adjustment is weird and the lock seems like it may cause trouble. I would like to see just a bar on tire parking break not sure what gravely is buy in looks complicated also. Just worried about some of the features as in my experience simpler is better. Also the hydros seem like a smaller self contained system that might not last as long? any one have any experience with them? It worries me because this thing has been sitting on the lot so long when I wanted to demo it he had to clean the carb in was gummed up.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

ZT3400 trans = excellent
The links on the deck = very strong plus easy to adjust the deck

I dont think you have anything to worry about.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 09-06-2014, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've run the same exact machine for over a year now and the only problem I had was the solenoid corroded at about 5 hours which I assumed was from sitting outside at the dealer. Very easy to adjust the deck and everything is built super strong and meant to last. Only thing I don't like and from what I have seen from other posts on here is that it applies to a lot of mowers is that going down steeper hills with limited space at the bottom it will tear up some turf trying to get stopped. Hydro filters are a b#$%@ to get to as well.... Other than those two things, I'd highly recommend it. Between that and my ferris 3100z, I'd rather use the gravely.

Aaron
Old 09-07-2014, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Member

170 hrs on my PS61 and only issue I have had is with the safety switch on the left go handle ...wires are to short and yanked out of the connector.
Changing the hydro filters is a bit of a pain but after first service good for 300 plus hrs I believe..use mobil 1 syn.
Deck is solid and easy to adjust. no issues at all with linkage or related wares...still tight.
Highly doubt you will regret getting the Machine ...especially with the discount to clear it.