Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Need to replace quick 36

I have been using a bop 36 for a few years now and am very happy with it. Do to the uncertainty of the companies future I will be looking to buy another 36 soon of another brand. Although I am happy using the walk behind with a sulky I am intrigued by the standers as well. I loved the price of the quick 36 but realize I will likely have to spend more on a similar product from another company. A local dealer has an exmark 36 walk behind but I think it is about a foot longer. I like how stuby the quick is. Does anyone have any recommendations for me. I really would like to keep it around $5000 for this.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-15-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm kind of surprised you're happy with quick36. I got one of the first ones, and there were no deck support rods on mine. It caused alot of deck problems that needed alot of welding. Besides that, i replaced too many spindles, clutches, and other parts. Glad that's over. I'm VERY pleased with my 2000 exmark metro 36 that i have had for almost 5 years. The only thing i replaced was a muffler and a belt, because it was in rough shape when i bought it. Good Luck. I should add that for the first year and a half, i was pleased with quick36.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

While they are a fair amount longer, Ferris makes a single hydro 32 and 36. The 36 is shorter due to having timed blades. These feature a floating deck, too. Quite sure either can be had for under $5K...maybe more like $4K??

http://www.ferrisindustries.com/us/e...ers/hydro-cut/

Fwiw, I run a Q32 as my sole mower with another as backup. They've been good to me...am on my 6th year juggling the two.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm actually thinking of getting a 32, and i use 36 mostly. The 32 would fit in any gate, and big enough to cut any property i have (with sulky). Glad to see that you use one as your main mower.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

My (2) Q32s are both single hydros & I walk every step. I 'should' be ripped!
While I did originally buy the BOP step-saver, I decided it wasn't worth leaving it on. Single hydros with a sulky interfered with my striping quality. Some will argue with this, but I didn't care for it. I ended up taking the wheels off the step-saver and using them on the front casters = as they're an exact fit.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 05-16-2013, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudosun View Post
I'm kind of surprised you're happy with quick36. I got one of the first ones, and there were no deck support rods on mine. It caused alot of deck problems that needed alot of welding. Besides that, i replaced too many spindles, clutches, and other parts. Glad that's over. I'm VERY pleased with my 2000 exmark metro 36 that i have had for almost 5 years. The only thing i replaced was a muffler and a belt, because it was in rough shape when i bought it. Good Luck. I should add that for the first year and a half, i was pleased with quick36.
Wow.... No deck support rods. That really was an early model.

I still have my Q36 Single with Sulky but the Dually versions are much faster and more productive for me.

Gary is still shipping parts fwiw.

Posted via Mobile Device