Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Boaz Boaz is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 84
I think he means- 2 hours to make one pass (as in not double cut) 6 acres. Not one stripe around the property.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Jimslawncareservice Jimslawncareservice is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mn
Posts: 3,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
I think he means- 2 hours to make one pass (as in not double cut) 6 acres. Not one stripe around the property.
That's the way I read it to. I was set to reply, but you beat me to it
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 AM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 1,693
I guess the question to you is.... are you solo? what size mower(s)? 2 guys 1 mowing, 1 trimming/edging/blowing, $280.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Moose's Mowing's Avatar
Moose's Mowing Moose's Mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 437
sorry, forgot to mention that. I'm solo, running a 61" Scag Tiger Cat. Sometimes I have a helper but mostly I'm solo. I'd probably do this one on it's own day instead of trying to work it in to my weekly route if that makes sense. On a good day if nothing goes wrong I bang out all my weekly mowing accounts in one day. I only have a dozen of them. I was thinking 4 hours tops, planning around $290. I'm a little worried he'll give me the old "HOLY CRAP THAT"S A LOT OF $$ JUST FOR MOWING" routine. I checked it on the GIS map. It's 6.03 acres according to the gubbmint tax office. My other accounts are anywhere from 1/4 acre to 2 acres but I haven't had the chance to quote on such a large property.

thanks for the help.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:30 AM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 1,693
well if he balks at the price, that's where you have to sell yourself and your quality of work...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 4,614
I would ask what he is paying now
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 AM
DoubleClutch's Avatar
DoubleClutch DoubleClutch is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Conneaut Lake, Pa
Posts: 165
I live in NW Pa and I did a bid a few weeks ago on a 6.8 acre job with little trimming involved at $360 and found out he took another bid of $310. So your in the ballpark.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Moose's Mowing's Avatar
Moose's Mowing Moose's Mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 437
Thanks guys. I don't think he currently has a service, that's why I'm a bit concerned about him balking. Thanks for the help. I'll post back and let ya know what happens.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:07 AM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Services View Post
sorry, forgot to mention that. I'm solo, running a 61" Scag Tiger Cat. Sometimes I have a helper but mostly I'm solo. I'd probably do this one on it's own day instead of trying to work it in to my weekly route if that makes sense. On a good day if nothing goes wrong I bang out all my weekly mowing accounts in one day. I only have a dozen of them. I was thinking 4 hours tops, planning around $290. I'm a little worried he'll give me the old "HOLY CRAP THAT"S A LOT OF $$ JUST FOR MOWING" routine. I checked it on the GIS map. It's 6.03 acres according to the gubbmint tax office. My other accounts are anywhere from 1/4 acre to 2 acres but I haven't had the chance to quote on such a large property.

thanks for the help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleClutch View Post
I live in NW Pa and I did a bid a few weeks ago on a 6.8 acre job with little trimming involved at $360 and found out he took another bid of $310. So your in the ballpark.
What do you get for a 2 acre lawn? What do you try to get for an hourly rate?

I have not been called on to bid a property that large. Though I would ask for $360.

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-14-2013, 10:29 AM
zackvbra zackvbra is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake park, ga
Posts: 515
That looks like a lot of edging to do on the driveway.
__________________
My set up:
-2007 Chevy 2500hd 8.1l 4x4
-7x18 enclosed trailer
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Page generated in 0.07761 seconds with 8 queries