Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member

ANY TROUBLE FX730v KAWi ?

have a '13 v-ride with the fx730v and 49 hours, have changed oil 3 times with Mobile 1 10w-30 , its seems to be running rough/ banging at idle / with a puff of smoke now and again, there is a chirping sound as well at idle too, when you throttle up noise seems to go away, not sure what to think? any one having any similar issues? thanks for the help
Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnK View Post
have a '13 v-ride with the fx730v and 49 hours, have changed oil 3 times with Mobile 1 10w-30 , its seems to be running rough/ banging at idle / with a puff of smoke now and again, there is a chirping sound as well at idle too, when you throttle up noise seems to go away, not sure what to think? any one having any similar issues? thanks for the help
Don't even wait another day...Bring it back to your dealer as it is under warrenty!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I thought you were not suppost to use full syn untill after 100 hrs.

I also agree with taking it back to get looked at.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-16-2013, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You've wasted a lot of money on dumping good oil!! As said above you should wait to put syn in for the engine to break in. There are coil issues on a lot of the kawi engines.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I changed the oil at 5.4 hours , it looked black as black could get , thus the mobile 1 , called my dealer, he asked if it was still cutting grass , I said yes he said run it till it doesnt and we will put a new motor on , guess I'm ok with that, sounds like its going to self destruct
Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnK View Post
I changed the oil at 5.4 hours , it looked black as black could get , thus the mobile 1 , called my dealer, he asked if it was still cutting grass , I said yes he said run it till it doesnt and we will put a new motor on , guess I'm ok with that, sounds like its going to self destruct
I wouldn't go with what the dealer said. I would get it fixed NOW. You could run this until it is out of warrenty and then it will blow up and your sht out of luck! If thats what you want to do I would get it in writing because I don't trust any dealer. Also I would contact Kawasaki and get there opinion.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I do agree, you should take yours right back to the dealer.

That having been said...
I am one of the strange creatures on this planet who uses synthetic right from the git bang, brand new engines fresh off the shelf are filled with the stuff and ran with it, no waiting no hours, break in and all, synthetic all the way.

Never had a problem.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Something seriously wrong with that power plant. Black oil is just wrong with that little hrs....would seem like lots of cylinder leakage...take it back to the dealer asap.... 10hrs on my motor and oil looks clean as the day it came out of the bottle.....time for the break in oil change and fill with syn...agree with Herler syn all the way from get go