Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-10-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

GPM , xjet, soap, + surface cleaner questions in NJ

im not doing this professionally but for my house and two of my friends. vinyl sides. decks, paver patios. ive don't decks and pavers etc just with a plain of tip no extras with my old powerwasher. it does the job just slower. so this time around id like to get some of the fancier attachments to speed things up alittle. I understand psi and most of GPMS but when you want height to soap up and wash two stories does the GPM matter or the x jet nozzle or ladder saver nozzles takes care of that and the GPM is just gonna effect the speed and time of applying and washing ??..im thinking less gpm means less of a stream but then again the x jet makes it a finer stream to go the distance? I have not purchased anything yet but looking to get the generac 5993 3000psi 2.8gpm ,an xjet unit and a home owners surface cleaner.

x jet-on sun grite they have the original xjet and the m5 x jet but says its shoots 5 feet shorter than original but has the fancy twist to adjust spray. will that 5 feet hurt me ?

surface cleaner -I know you guys will laugh but looking at the ez clean 15" 3300 psi max unit for $70 from homedepot it looks like it does the job just slower.

soap- I was gonna order powerhouse 5 gallon but the shipping is like $40. so im thinking ill just use the krud kutter stuff will that do break up the mold and mildew on the vinyl??

thanks lets see if I get any warm or cold responses lol
Old 05-10-2013, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

trial and error man. the 2.8 gpm will do it fine. mix some krud with your bleach. not a ton. remember what i told u today about adding soaps. obvious better equipment fast results what u have is fine itll just take more work. if your gonna go xjet i would get the one that shoots 5 ft higher. its all about budget. your only doing 3 houses but im tellin ya theres money to be made in pw. good luck let me know how it goes
Old 05-11-2013, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Member

hi g man thanks for all the help . just seeing what the other players have to say