Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-16-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

New to business and struggling with what brand has best QOC and overall value

I am getting into the mowing business and I have been bombarded by the latest and greatest brands....Scag, JD, Gravely, Exmark, Toro, Hustler, to name a few. I am more confused than ever. Best price so far is a Hustler Super Z 60", 29HP Kawi, but I am concerned about reviews I have read and QOC. Toro is the next brand I am considering but the 6000 series, 24.5 HP Kawi seems a bit underpowered(54" deck) and not sure about their QOC. Grasshopper seems like a great choice with the 329B, Vanguard 29HP and a pretty good QOC. Scag, Gravely, and JD seem a bit overpriced as I am sure the others are just as good or pretty close. I am going to make a decision in about two weeks and I am still a bit concerned that a 60" deck is too big, but there arent any real tight spots on the few jobs I am picking up. Anybody's thoughts and opinions will be valued and appreciated as I have a big decision. Oh, and I am going to take advantage of the 0% financing for 48 months so I am trying to stay around 10500 out the door, or under, with around a payment of 200.00. Thanks again
Old 05-16-2013, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I went through the same questions and I finally decided on the toro 2000 series and I got the 52 inch cut its just more suitable for my accounts.I'm pretty pleased with the mower in most all aspects. The qoc is great its the 23 Kawasaki engine and has plenty of power for all I do. Stability is good as the gas tank is below the seat which brings me to what I don't like. Just got a letter and they have a recall on them because the idler pulley can potentially rub the fuel tank so its got to go back and their building a plate to stop the rubbing. But over all I'm pleased with the toro.
Posted via Mobile Device