Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-17-2013, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy29 View Post
I like the flexible material the chute on my grandstand is made from. so when I switch to a vantage I'd like to have that same chute.

I can literally get extremely close to objects on the discharge side. the chute flexes like its not even there.
The Vantage uses the same chute material.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely's foot deck lift for my Vantage. Scag's single point deck lift for my Turf Tracer.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Speaking as a guy with a Deere and MOD deck, I'd like a set of flex forks (won't be an available add on option until late this year several dealers have now told me) and a suspension seat (the new one won't work on my 2012 according to those same dealers.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Turf Tracers with Velocity decks, I wouldn't care if they were still orange.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a good one right there ^.. Or even a 7 Iron on a turf tracer!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So many come to mind...

Hustler flex forks on a Turf Tiger
Wright Stander with a Velocity+ or 7 Iron deck
Exmark hand controls on a Scag SWZ walk behind

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 05-17-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I would like to have the Kubota Deck Lift / Blade Service Lift System on all of my machines !!!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wish all commercial mowers used a universal deck attachment. So if you had a deck you really liked it would interchange with any true commercial power unit. All hitch and lift point be standard, from there on let the builder do anything they want. Smaller decks 48" and 50" one standard and 60" and 70" decks standard hitch/hook up point. Would be nice to also have a adapter for a large format 60 or 70' unit still be able to use a 50" deck with some simple adapter kit.

As a industry as a hole I think this would revulsive the LCO. Now many of the trade-ins have some problem with the deck or with the power unit, but the whole mower is traded in. It would be so simple to quickly changes deck if say a spindle went out. But you need to keep mowing not stop for several hours at best to change out simple parts.

I feel it should be like power cords to your cell phones, one basic size plug and charging/power delivery system. Or 3 point hitch on tractors (cat 0,1,2,3). Look at how long it took the computers companies to finally start to standardize many features.

We the end user that are paying the big bucks need to get something like this accomplished in time. Ok it might add to the cost of the mower but think of the possibilities. Remember you heard it here first.

Last edited by dhardin53; 05-18-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Okay...

34 EFI Kohler and Briggs Vanguard 32hp engine options on a Scag Turf Tiger.

Exmark ECS WB controls on a Scag with the Velocity Plus deck. Or V-Ride controls on a Scag WB.

Scag needs to come up with a 30" mower also.

The Exmark "Red" system on a Scag... but only after they get all the kinks worked out. I guess it's the idea / philosophy that's appealing.

Someone needs to come up with a deck that cuts like a Velocity plus and can be switched to fine cut clippings. I think this may be what the JD MOD deck is supposed to do, someone who owns one can chime in, but I don't care much for JD.

Also, when speaking of other mowers, there's some random points and observations I'll throw out there...

Scag Turf Tigers need larger fuel tanks. The 8.5 gals. aren't cutting it.

I really like the whole design of the Exmark Turf Tracer except for the deck and the deck lift system.

I like the design of the Exmark X series ZTR and the engine options. I'm just tired of double cutting clumps.

Gravely and Hustler ZTR's need to follow the Turf Tiger design and place their fuel tanks underneath.

Hustler needs a deck that can cut at 4" with leaving a crappy cut.

Kawasaki needs to build an engine over 30hp that's as good as their engines that are under 30hp. The over 30hp Kawis also need to be much more fuel efficient but mainly, they just need to last longer. Seems like everyday another big Kaw drops. BTW, a service guy once told me that if he goes to a Kohler sponsored meeting, it'll lasts a couple of hours and you leave with a pamphlet. When he goes to a Kawasaki meeting, it lasts all day and he leaves with books. He was trying to explain to me how much more professional and thorough Kawasaki is with the techs. But maybe... Kawasaki just has a lot more to go over because their crap is breaking down all the time.

I understand Ferris ZTR's have a great ride but I just can't stand the looks of those machines. I realize looks shouldn't matter but I just can't get past it. Who knows? Maybe with time I'll change my mind but right now... whewww... hideous. Frankenstein looking things, springs everywhere. Really, their entire line of mowers looks funky. ...but I'm sure they are great mowers... and God bless you if you can get by the looks. I can't.

And speaking of looks - Dixie Chopper looks like someone took some duct work and folded it together to create a mower. The glare coming off that thing on a sunny day will blind you.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't care for JD either. I had a buddy who bought a couple of JD's years ago, I think they were 757's, complete junk, the most I've ever heard anyone complain about his mowers. He's currently an Exmark guy. I understand that JD may have improved since then but I'm not risking it.

Seems like everything I've read about Kubota ZTR's involves how well they've stood behind their product EVEN THOUGH it's broke down so many times. It goes something like this... "The damn seals are leaking again, the bearings went out again but by golly, Kubota fixed it free of charge for the fifth time and that's why I'll never own anything else. They stand behind their product better than anyone". LOL!!!

I think I've covered it. If not, I'll add more later.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Chinook helicopter engine on a Turf Tiger (Dixie feature)

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino