Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-22-2013, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Here's 2 of our lawns that have been leveled over the course of 4 years. Anywhere from 1/8"-1/4" of sand was added each year, gone over with a #1 drag, and rolled once. Most recent fertilizer application was Scotts GreenMax, 2 weeks ago.

The front yard in the first few pictures were mowed with a 25" TruCut, no roller. The back yard pictures are of a different house, mowed with a John Deere 2500A triplex greens mower. After seeing the difference in curb appearance, we ordered a roller for the TruCut- I can't wait to see how well it stripes.

(Some of the pictures aren't loading...I'll keep working on it.)
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2013, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Here's a few more...that's my Dad mowing with the TruCut, I mowed with the JD 2500A.Name:  IMG_1142.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  87.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1141.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  75.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1140.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  83.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1133.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1132.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  66.7 KB
Old 05-23-2013, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking for critiques on my chemical plan/schedule for Columbus GA.

February I put down Lesco 0-0-8 Pre M with Stone wall.

March 15th I put down Lesco 25-4-11??? with crab grass control (reccomended by my JDL rep) cant quite remember what it was

May- Sept every 30 days Lesco 28-0-3.

I am going to put out 3 40lb bags of Ironite here pretty soon to really get it going green for June.

right now I mow at 2" with my 36" walk behind.

Right now I water once a week for 45 minutes a zone, that probably about to go up, but I need to measure what it is putting using the tuna can measuring method.

I hand pull most weeds, but I spot spray some areas with Celsius and a Monument 75WG mix. I dont have many weeds anyways.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You need some pre-emergent in the fall and winter. Fall especially to prevent weeds in the winter/early spring.

When does your bermuda come out of dormancy in columbus? Up here, I usually put down my 25-0-10 dimension app in Mid April as the bermuda is coming out of dormancy.

If you put down the nitrogen too early, you'll waste a lot of it.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do out per m out in the fall I just left it out. That 25-0-10 may be what I put out. I'm not 100%. Early April is when it started to green up this year. When and what do you put out in the winter
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
I do out per m out in the fall I just left it out. That 25-0-10 may be what I put out. I'm not 100%. Early April is when it started to green up this year. When and what do you put out in the winter
Posted via Mobile Device
I put down a split app of prodiamine (stonewall/barricade) in Sept and around Christmas. I also put down Lime during the christmas app that way it has worked its way into the soil by the time the bermuda is growing again. I also spot spray with glyphosate around that time since the bermuda is usually in full dormancy. I think I'm going to replace one of those prodiamine apps with simazine this year though since I bought a skid sprayer this year.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I curious what the most economical and efficient method might be to top dress a 2 acre bermuda lawn? I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now but haven't figured a way to yet. Any ideas?
Old 05-23-2013, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguy View Post
I curious what the most economical and efficient method might be to top dress a 2 acre bermuda lawn? I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now but haven't figured a way to yet. Any ideas?
In sections.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2013, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguy View Post
With a topdresser.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Curious if you guys have a "dirty" lawn cleanup mix you prefer?

For example, a new homeowner calls you to start service and the yard was neglected by the previous owner or it was a foreclosure.

What do you prefer to clean it up and get it looking good again? Especially this time of year when temps are 80+ I've got one like that that I'm looking at in the morning.