Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-19-2012, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Need some trailer rack ideas and pic????

Whats up guys need some pics and suggestions if you have them. Here's what I got I have a 20' with a 5 dove tail 48k tag trailer. I put my cat 289c and 305.5d on there they barley fit literally lol. I need to build a rack on the front of the trailer to hold some attachments or buckets etc. anyone ever seen a setup like this and pics? I'll post a picture of the trailer loaded tomorrow to give you a visual.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not alot of room!
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2012, 06:33 AM
LawnSite Member

i saw one a couple years ago and cant get a picture because the company shut down but i will do my best to describe it they built up about 5 foot and over the toung but around here you can get away with a lot of things that in the city the dot would be jumping on the truck saying NO and the company that did this i talked to the owner when we were in the same truck stop and he said he hated it because he had to crawl up under it to jack it down they eventualy started using a car jack because it was a pain and the had to watch while turing there was a rumor around town that they wercked the truck and trailer in a ditch and did both in but thats still a rumer that stuff spreads fast around here and is not always true
Old 07-20-2012, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i have seen some c channels welded to the frame rails under the trailer so that you can slide the forks into, this way it takes them off the deck. otherwise a flatdeck built like gooseneck trailers have on top of the tongue.

like this but you dont have to go as high, only problem would be the length of the platform if you're towing behind a dump and go to take a turn:
Old 07-21-2012, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would be looking into putting a rack on the front, full width and 4 feet long, and 2 shelves, the lower for heavier attachments and the top for buckets. The only issue I see is when the pulling truck is jack knifed, it might hit, worst case, you narrow down the shelves or angle the ends in. You definitely haven't got a weight issue at damn near 25 ton capacity.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-21-2012, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

thats why I got a 30' trailer lol. and its still to small with the mini and skid steer with the mowers on them we have to put the mower on the mini on backwards for it to fit behind the ramps

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 07-21-2012, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Another idea is build racks under the deck between the wheels and front of the deck, the average bucket is 36" high, so only 40" is needed, but that could make the trailer high centered.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got the rack welded up which turned into me stripping and repainting the trailer. Ive been working the combo for a few months the rack makes my life alittle easier.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I also removed the wood decking off the back of trailer added some supports and tubbed in the center of dovetail to make a bucket box.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's a nice looking setup. I gotta admit i've been trying to figure out what's hooked up to the 289 and i have no idea.
THEY JUST QUIT HORSIN AROUND