Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-19-2013, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Does my mini ex have a hydraulic problem or is this normal?

So I just bought a TB175 from United Rentals and have 30 days to find if anything is wrong with it and have it fixed. I noticed that when curling the bucket into the ground it slows then stops about half way and the relief valve opens. Doesn't raise or move the unit at all so seems a little premature to me. So then I tried to lift the unit off the ground. Pushing the boom down will tilt the front about 1 inch off the ground then it stops. I assume the relief valve opens. At that point if I push forward on both joysticks (boom down/ stick out) then it suddenly has the power the lift it up.

See Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBM-UQfFHxM

I seem to remember trying one in an auction yard and being able to tilt the machine back as far as I wanted with just with the boom. It seems like the relief is opening early.

Does this seem normal for this size machine or should I call united rentals and tell them to look into it?

Thanks,

Rich
Old 05-19-2013, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Something not right there. I hate to ask but have you checked all the fluids and filters?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think I would trust United Rentals to look at it. I would have the machine completely checked out by a TK dealer. If you find something wrong then let UR fix it. Trusting UR to find a problem that they are responsible to pay for is asking a lot. It may cost you a service fee to have the machine completely checked out but it certainly would be worth every penny.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.

Tags
hydraulic , power , problems , takeuchi , tb175