Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-08-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

warm season bermuda

I hadn't seen many specific threads on us southern guys that deal with primarily common bermuda/ zoysia... I currently have a liquid program with granular fert. I'd like to go all liquid if possible but I'm afraid of burning lawns with low rates of carrier that i spray my herbicides with.. what is a good program u guys are using that u like? Herbicide and fert. Btw its my first year being licensed and doing commercial work... my year has been good so far but I'd like to improve equipment to ai nozzles to help with drift. Wind is always blowing here...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2013, 02:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlawnservice View Post
I hadn't seen many specific threads on us southern guys that deal with primarily common bermuda/ zoysia... I currently have a liquid program with granular fert. I'd like to go all liquid if possible but I'm afraid of burning lawns with low rates of carrier that i spray my herbicides with.. what is a good program u guys are using that u like? Herbicide and fert. Btw its my first year being licensed and doing commercial work... my year has been good so far but I'd like to improve equipment to ai nozzles to help with drift. Wind is always blowing here...
Posted via Mobile Device
I am old school and calibrate @ 5 gallon per thousand. The big advantage is how forgiving that amount of carrier is. Not to say I don't get a better application. The disadvantage is the fewer Sq ft I can do per tank. IMHO a minimum of 3 gallons per thousand is needed for liquid fert. I know some people are doing 2 gallon successfully. A Foliar program of one gallon per thousands takes less product and more application. Liquid Fert and Foliar are two different things.

My big problem is insects Chinch Bug Sod Web worms Etc. St Augustine need a high volume application to penetrate the thick thatch. Bill bugs in Zoysia and ground perils etc in Bermuda. So far I am not having the Chinch Bug resistant problems others are having.

BTW an other advantage/disadvantage is Herbicides that must be applied separate @ a rate of one gallon. This I do more as a spot treatment rather than a blanket. But with a thick turf most of my weed control is where the Weed eater scalps.

When dealing with Fire Ants, Fleas & Ticks etc. a High volume of carrier is a must IMHO.

Because most of my accounts are postage stamps a Z sprayer type Ride on is not practical for me.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.