Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-23-2013, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady1 View Post
30 times a year?

Mitch, have you considered looking at the Snapper Pro's?
What New England mowing season 15 weeks?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydebusa View Post
What New England mowing season 15 weeks?
You do realize you're in the Homeowner section? The OP said he's a 1.5 acre property owner not "Scalp and screw lawn care." Apparently if he's looking to spend X amount $ on a ZTR he takes some pride in what his property looks like. Do you have cool season grass in OK? 30 times a year? That's a joke. I'm in the same zone as him. I am mowing my 1.2 acres of tf every 3-4 days @ 1"-1 1/2" each cut and that's with very little rain. #13 mow yesterday. Chit yards?, 30 times a year. True cool season turf LAWNS that people take pride in? Endless.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Mowing season out here is roughly 7-8 months a year (from April to November or first snowfall on average). Although in the last 4-6weeks the grass can be cut every other week.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady1 View Post
You do realize you're in the Homeowner section? The OP said he's a 1.5 acre property owner not "Scalp and screw lawn care." Apparently if he's looking to spend X amount $ on a ZTR he takes some pride in what his property looks like. Do you have cool season grass in OK? 30 times a year? That's a joke. I'm in the same zone as him. I am mowing my 1.2 acres of tf every 3-4 days @ 1"-1 1/2" each cut and that's with very little rain. #13 mow yesterday. Chit yards?, 30 times a year. True cool season turf LAWNS that people take pride in? Endless.
True didn't realize I was in the home section. Didn't know all the details. So now that I know, I think he should take his two choices, flip a coin and that would be the one. If he says oh that one, best 2 out of three, than we know the one he wants.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Member

lol You guys up north are lucky and have REAL grass, not Bermuda Weed like we do down south lol......
Old 05-23-2013, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchkrama View Post
Mowing season out here is roughly 7-8 months a year (from April to November or first snowfall on average). Although in the last 4-6weeks the grass can be cut every other week.
Very true Mitch. I mowed for the 1st time this year, on April 15th, it snowed 3 days later. I mowed last year on Dec 3rd and I live I the snowbelt! Damn this turf lawn.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
From everyone I have talked to, they prefer the ZT3400 drives to the traditional pumps and motors of the 1500 and the old is500. Everyone says the pump and motor is much more likely to tear up your grass and that the 3400's are much much smoother.
While true an inexperienced operator will have a tendency to turf in turns using a wheel motor/pump unit. The transaxle units wont handle hills and by that I mean side hilling like independent wheel motors do. So if you plan on using around berms or side hilling be aware.