Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

they always say certain things cause kidney stones but it's just not proven. it's more of a body chemistry thing. some people never get them and other people get like 50 of them in their lifetime.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Not significantly younger... 55. Osteoarthritis in both knees and hips. Torn meniscus in my right knee. Spinal stenosis in L5 to S1 that requires regular spinal epidurals. Ruptured and bulging discs.
You got me beat in the aches dept. Tip my hat to you sir.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I alternate water and Gatorade but more water. The other thing I like to do is carry a half gallon or so of fresh fruit in a little cooler. Every other fluid break eat 5-6 chunks of fruit. Really made a big difference in my stamina. I typically pack honeydew, cantelope, peaches and apple.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4irish View Post
I dont turn on the ac till I'm on my way home. to much for the body to go in and out of extreme temperatures.
Normally I do not use the AC. I have a Jeep Unlimited. Which is a long wheel base/body TJ wrangler.

I have a wind screen from door surround to door surround against the roll bars and behind the front seats. This converts my Jeep into a pickup cab with a short bed.

Not raining I drive with the doors off from May through September. That day I had the doors on.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshack Lawn Care View Post
Our temps are bouncing all over the place up here. It was in the 90s last week, 60s yesterday and today.

During the heat wave we get almost every summer I throw a couple of towels in the truck and a handful of tshirts. It seems stupid, but it feels good to put a dry shirt on every hour or so.

And I don't care how, but yeah, keep hydrated.
Same here a fresh shirt makes me feel like a new man. Some days go threw 6 to 10 shirts a day.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

When it gets real hot around here I usually find an outside tap or garden hose and soak my ballcap with clean cold water ,usually my shirt too.It is also nice to hose off the arms and neck when its real humid ,get all the dust and grass off so you can re-apply sunblock.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:56 AM
LawnSite Member

It gets Hot here. sometimes it touches 111. I wear an adams extreme condition hat
http://www.amazon.com/ADAMS-HEADWEAR.../dp/B007ZH3EDG
neon reflective shirts that breath well, Haynes HP DRY socks (Love them, worth looking into), and running shoes that vent. Some time in the middle of the day, I'll change my socks, But highly suggest kicking your shoes off between jobs. That releases a good bit of heat.

My 2 gallon jug gets a water/light grape gatorade powder mix with a 16 oz rockstar in it.

But the real thing that helps keep me cool is using my backpack blower to ventilate my pants after a yard
Old 06-04-2013, 06:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergreen70 View Post
When it gets real hot around here I usually find an outside tap or garden hose and soak my ballcap with clean cold water ,usually my shirt too.It is also nice to hose off the arms and neck when its real humid ,get all the dust and grass off so you can re-apply sunblock.
^ This is what I do as well, lots of water breaks!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&L View Post
It gets Hot here. sometimes it touches 111. I wear an adams extreme condition hat
http://www.amazon.com/ADAMS-HEADWEAR.../dp/B007ZH3EDG:
I got one of those hats and can't wear it in our area......workers kidded me about being a sissy. So I went back to hankies tied like a bandit with mask in reverse. The workers now say ok ole man. The hat didn't really work very well for me. It wouldn't stay in place when mowing.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackvbra View Post
It was 98 degrees today with the humidity at 70%. I used my frog togs, but it felt like it barely worked. I drank a whole 4 pack of big gatorades and 4 water bottles. I would also take a rag and dip it in the cooler and ring it out all over my head and neck.

Now ive got a wicked headache because I got so hot today. Its the usual weather for south ga, but for some reason today felt over the top.

What do you guys use or do to stay cool?
Don't drink Gatorade while working, only drink water while working. Save the Gatorade until the drive home.
echo trimmer
echo backpack blower
Ford F350
9 residential accounts, 1 commercial
Closed Thread