Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-26-2013, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
I still to this day run my echo 210. Another guy I cut with every week has a 210 and a maryauma and its a piece of crap. When it runs right it is by far the most powerful trimmer I have ever run. Only problem is, it's extremely heavy and plagued with throttle cable issues from a bad design by maryauma. We both run the 210 over the maryauma. I ran a fs90 once and couldn't see buying that over another echo 225 ( can't find anymore 210's)

Never ran a husky but I do want to try one out
I had some trouble one time out of the throttle cable but I fixed it and haven't had anymore trouble... I have had it for one and half mowing seasons running 5 or so hours a day and it been great besides the throttle cable... They are def above others in power to CC ratio... Just my observations...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-27-2013, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
honda trimmer..... HHT25SLTA

i got mine for $299

the 35cc model is under $400 as well.

http://powerequipment.honda.com/trimmers

husqvarna 324ldx has same engine but it's over $400 i think. about $425 is what i paid.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landscap...immers/324ldx/
I have the HHT35SLTA I think i paid 389 with tax. I'm pretty happy with it but i just started out and havent really used it much
Old 05-27-2013, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i have the small maruyama too and its a little monster. best overall trimmer desighn i have seen . my fav trimmer out of all the ones i have used. too bad there are so few dealers so many never get to try their products. i could run all maruyama and be happy. just dont have a dealer
Old 05-27-2013, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy dan View Post
i have the small maruyama too and its a little monster. best overall trimmer desighn i have seen . my fav trimmer out of all the ones i have used. too bad there are so few dealers so many never get to try their products. i could run all maruyama and be happy. just dont have a dealer
Glad someone else agrees... They have more power than you can imagine for such a small power head...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-27-2013, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
I had some trouble one time out of the throttle cable but I fixed it and haven't had anymore trouble... I have had it for one and half mowing seasons running 5 or so hours a day and it been great besides the throttle cable... They are def above others in power to CC ratio... Just my observations...
Posted via Mobile Device
I have tried all kinds of things to fix it. I have helped it, but not FIXED it. They need to do away with the soft grip and put some kind of plastic sleeve in there to hold that cable in place.

If it wasnt for that I would probably run it more, but when there is that super light weight 210 sitting right next to it I cant resist.

I would love to try out a smaller maryauma, and even give a fs90 another whirl, but my echos just wont die so I am holding out for now.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Is this a good price, on the FS90R? IF not, do we have forum sponsors selling for a lower price?
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2013, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ive seen it at my dealer for $279. It was during the winter, might have been a seasonal price.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
Ive seen it at my dealer for $279. It was during the winter, might have been a seasonal price.
Ok

Would like to help a forum sponsor if possible and buy from them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-27-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The price in your pic is the MSRP and most dealers go by it when displaying their inventory. They have room to move, but usually won't unless you are buying a large purchase at one time. It's all right on Stihl's site to read regarding the pricing. While they can vary in price around the country, it's more dependant on the regional distributor pricing than the dealership itself.

All of them at every dealer I've been to in Mich (and that is actually quite a few spread out across a 100 mile radius) is the price shown in your pic.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
The price in your pic is the MSRP and most dealers go by it when displaying their inventory. They have room to move, but usually won't unless you are buying a large purchase at one time. It's all right on Stihl's site to read regarding the pricing. While they can vary in price around the country, it's more dependant on the regional distributor pricing than the dealership itself.

All of them at every dealer I've been to in Mich (and that is actually quite a few spread out across a 100 mile radius) is the price shown in your pic.

thanks for the valuable info