Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-28-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123hotdog View Post
Casey, I have an older truck. A 1993. I struggled for two years looking for somebody to work on it. I wasted a ton of money on idiots. I would call Don @ Team Tire in Waynesboro. I would ask him if he knows somebody that specializes in box trucks and cab overs. I hope this is the only trouble you have with it, but if not you really need somebody that works on these trucks specifically. I would ask around at the truck stop between Staunton and Lexington. We have a free service tire store franchise here which is like a regular tire store but they have a truck center that only works on one ton and larger trucks. They usually fix mine in one day. No down time. I love it. Best of luck.
Yea I think you are right. I got a good trans guy right down the road that has done work on my 1969 Chevy truck. He does commercial trucks too and has been in biz forever. This is why I try to stay away from diesels and what not. I don't know how to fix or diagnose them. Thanks for the help. Do you know Don personally?
Old 07-28-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
Yea I think you are right. I got a good trans guy right down the road that has done work on my 1969 Chevy truck. He does commercial trucks too and has been in biz forever. This is why I try to stay away from diesels and what not. I don't know how to fix or diagnose them. Thanks for the help. Do you know Don personally?
Don't know Don personally. I think his last name is Sibole. I'm pretty sure he owns Team Tire. They did allot of work for me in the mid nineties. I lived close to there then. If you can just find someone up there that has worked on those allot, it will make life so so much easier. Mine is ten years older than yours and is basically bullet proof after I got the bugs worked out. Mine has 215,000 miles on it and is getting 15.5 mpg.
1978 F-350 Dump Truck
1988 Z-71 Chevy 4x4 Meyers Plow
2005 Chevy HD 2500 6.0
1989 Toyota One ton Flatbed
2013 61" Bad Boy Outlaw XP 36 Vanguard
2013 54" Bad Boy Outlaw Stander Kawasaki
2014 48" Wright Walk Behind
Old 10-31-2013, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Took it to a trans shop thinking it needed a trans. They said trans is fine so I took it to my mechanic. Turned out to be a lose ground on the block and the timing was way off. $132 is a lot better than $1800! Feel stupidest I didn't take it sooner. Oh well. Thanks for the help everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device