Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-24-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Reminds me of an edging debate. Who edges? The person with the yard or the person with the driveway?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i'm in my 3rd year and i'm already getting to that point. i just don't care anymore. i don't let it get to me. i just laugh it off and keep on going.

if someone was to come at me or call me fussing and yelling about something i would just say good day sir and nod my head and drive away or hang up and never work for them again.

it's not even worth it to let any of this crap get to you. just learn to laugh it off and keep going. after all it's not that big of a deal. it's just grass.

heck if it's a small yard and the neighbor keeps doing that then one day if they aren't home and when you have plenty of extra time just mow their whole yard for free. that will make them do a double take. if they every ask you about it say i have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudosun View Post
Reminds me of an edging debate. Who edges? The person with the yard or the person with the driveway?
i have a commercial account where that happens. it's a curb though. they mow right up to the curb but they never edge it and let the grass grow over the curb onto the parking lot of my customer. i just ended up edging it. i think i'm gonna go down the whole curb with roundup next time. maybe they'll get the hint?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Or sprayers. A lot of people possessing chemicals are ignorant or willfully disobedient of the regulations concerning drift and chemical trespass.
Oh I got one of them ! every time I get to this one yard there is so much left over fertilizer on the sidewalk and street

I want to talk to the neighbor about it but I just bite my tongue every time.

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Old 05-25-2013, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The only one that bothers me is the scalper, who cant go in a straight line. If you want to scalp your own lawn, I honestly dont care. But please mow a straight line on the perimeter, between yours and my customer!
Old 05-25-2013, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
The only one that bothers me is the scalper, who cant go in a straight line. If you want to scalp your own lawn, I honestly dont care. But please mow a straight line on the perimeter, between yours and my customer!
Ditto on that!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't have any problems with neighbors. Mine or customers.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Member

WEEZE I like your attitude, I personally look at all the tragidy in all of our lives that happens and realize everyone has a story going on and most people are hurting.
I just go about my business and blow off the bullshit, I laugh about things and point out the good and have even healed relationhips between neighbors.
After burrying my wife, mom, and sister I look at my daughter and realize there are much bigger fish to fry than a small pissing match.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosno View Post
WEEZE I like your attitude, I personally look at all the tragidy in all of our lives that happens and realize everyone has a story going on and most people are hurting.
I just go about my business and blow off the bullshit, I laugh about things and point out the good and have even healed relationhips between neighbors.
After burrying my wife, mom, and sister I look at my daughter and realize there are much bigger fish to fry than a small pissing match.
Sorry for your loss. You're so right too. Life is too short to deal with petty crap.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The most pissed I have ever been at a neighbor of a client was this one lazy ass that would basically scalp his lawn with his riding lawn mower once every 3 weeks or so. He would mow right down the property line but when he was approaching the fence that separates the front lawns from the back, he would swing out wide about 5 feet into my client's lawn so he would have room to make the turn down the fenceline and scrape the hell out of that part of my client's lawn. There's no telling how many times I had to drop grass seed in that area to keep grass growing.