Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-26-2013, 02:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

and a huge advantage is the power to blow all the clumped up and heavy clippings left on long wet lawns apart so they don't look terrible plus kill off grass underneath them . I cant imagine the mess our lawns would be in here in wet spring Michigan wether if we didn't have backies to blow clippings with
Old 05-26-2013, 02:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

and when truck gets dirty open both doors . get on one side and blow all the dirt n dust out the other door ;-)

also get on roof and blow gutters out in fall . I put an extra length of tube on mine so it reaches right down to gutter without me having to dangerously at times bend forward to reach gutter

can also get on a bike and point blower behind you and itll make bike ride faster , lol
Old 05-26-2013, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Redmax Fan-

If you haven't ran either the 7500 or 8500, you should. They both outperform anything you've run of Redmax's up until now. Both of them will. I have the Husky 570 BTS and have owned it since it first came out in late '11. It is the same blower as the 7500, but has much better shoulder straps and a few other niceties. It is lighter than the 8500 and performance on real world debris is so close that there's nothing between them, yet the 570 is lighter and uses less fuel.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanA97 View Post
Hi, I'm wanting to upgrade from my craftsman handheld blower to a backpack blower for my neighborhood business. What are the advantages of a backpack blower. I'm looking into the Stihl Br-600
Posted via Mobile Device
do you think you could handle a BP blower? with what some of these guys are describeing, going from a cheap craftsman handheld to one of the monster BP's, be prepared to get knocked off your feet. You might want to invest in a helmet....or a better handheld.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

get the br600..i have one and love it! its the best all around blower in my opinion. its not to big for just blowing grass clippings off driveways, sidewalks etc. and its not to small for leaf clean ups. its the perfect all around blower. and the valves only have to be adjusted once and its after 150 hours i think, then you're good to go.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
get the br600..i have one and love it! its the best all around blower in my opinion. its not to big for just blowing grass clippings off driveways, sidewalks etc. and its not to small for leaf clean ups. its the perfect all around blower. and the valves only have to be adjusted once and its after 150 hours i think, then you're good to go.
x2... I agree with this. Loving mine so far. Another thing I discovered it can do it this;

Some yards here are full of gravel or rock instead of grass. the backpack can be used to blow the debris right out of the rocks and gravel. Sticks, leaves, etc all come out and clean up the gravel a lot. It just takes a bit of patience to hit the right amount of power to not lift the gravel.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Old 05-27-2013, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakNut View Post
Depends on what you need it for.

If you are ONLY blowing off a few clippings from a sidewalk, it's mostly overkill.
A hand held will do the job, not take up room in the truck/trailer, and be easier to handle overall.

That said, there are a bunch of things you can do with a backpack that can not be done with a hand held. I ran my first season with a hand held only. I didn't do any leaf jobs that year though. I hate lugging around my backpack, but when I need it, I'm glad I have it. Having the right tool for the job is the biggest advantage.
Couldn't agree more. Here I don't do any leaf clean-ups. I'm only blowing off the edges of driveways, walkways and I make a quick walk around the house. Our drives are so small around here I can have them blown off with my handheld before I could even remove the backpack from the rack, start it and then put it on so my backpacks have been sitting now for a good couple of years.

I see some guys when they are servicing a property and the drive, walk and the road are covered in clippings, I just don't understand how the heck they do that? When I'm done mowing and trimming there is very little clippings on hard surfaces which saves me clean-up time.

If your doing extended blowing or have lots of material to move then a backpack is for you.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

dont buy a sthil br600 if its your only blower. unreliable and short life
Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy dan View Post
dont buy a sthil br600 if its your only blower. unreliable and short life
According to you, but there are a lot of happy BR 600 owners out there. I'll throw out another vote for a BR 600 Mag.