Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-08-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And the answer to the question is......go to HomeDepo and drop $1.50 put it in a can of paint and it gets hard in hours.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  72.1 KB
Old 07-09-2013, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I got about 50 cans of paint varnish linseed oil turbentine etc etc. Now if I take it to our city chemical waste they would arrest me. I would be send home with half the stuff. And for the rest I have to have a bunch of paper work with each kind of stuff.

So I do a google.....they say pour concrete mix in all the paint and spray or pour the other stuff in kitty litter. Then put it in regular trash. Good Idea

Post in Free section on Craigslist. Somebody might want it.
Ariens Rear Tine Tiller
(6) Trailers:
5x12, 6x12, 6x14, 8x16, 7x18, 6x22
Asus Transformer Infinity TY700 Tablet
Galaxy S3
Bananalogist

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Red Adair
Old 07-09-2013, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If they refuse to take your hazardous chemicals, and you obviously have a division that the taxpayers are paying for, politely explain to them this. You will be bringing the sheriff back with you to arrest the non-compliant governmental employees committing fraud, treason, harm to the city/state/county, harm to other employees, public people etc. The list is long. Read for yourself.

Step 2. Stop being a government employee yourself and paying for their uselessness.

We clean out homes of deceased people after there has been an auction. Whatever they don't want gets tossed. You wouldn't believe all the homes with TONS of hazardous chemicals.

We read all their bullshit paper and pencil laws to the T before we used OUR public service free of charge. First load of hazardous chemicals we had over 30 gallon paint cans, aerosol cans etc. They tried to turns us away from OUR free chemical and hazardous drop off. We were prepared for the sheer stupidity and in competence of OUR governmental employees. We requested a sheriff to come make arrests for us. Yes that was the employees at the facility, as well as arrests for the 1 single person who wrote those statutes for this particular scene. They had not re-bonded their own statute. Needless to say we got exactly what we wanted before it got out of hand.

He who doesn't demand from his public servants to do their jobs, is the slave to the servant.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Their is not a county or state in the us that does not have a hazardous material collection day.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
Their is not a county or state in the us that does not have a hazardous material collection day.
Unfortunately they make it very difficult by limited hours and tons of paper work and many items in aerosol cans they won't take. The collection day you drive to their place and sit in line. We got almost amillion people and one location
Old 07-14-2013, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaguy View Post
Post in Free section on Craigslist. Somebody might want it.
Ya give it to the illegals and they will help paint the city.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Then put it in the trash problem solved.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I tried the lid off thing.....got water in there and a year later the stuff isn't dried up. Thanks for info
I've bought a few houses over the years. Each time I buy one the previous owners leave all of their unused paints behind. One older house had paints in Mason Jars. I just take the tops off and let the paint dry out. I have found that paint will dry out better if you don't leave it where rain can get in the cans. Seriously.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Local theater troupes are another outlet for any unused, but usable paint, which can be used in painting their backdrops. I recycled fifteen gallons that way.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44DCNF View Post
Local theater troupes are another outlet for any unused, but usable paint, which can be used in painting their backdrops. I recycled fifteen gallons that way.
Great idea never thought of that