Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-26-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Promoting on Facebook

Anyone tried this? I only have 230ish likes and for a budget of $5 I can reach a little over 1000. Seems like a pretty good deal.

The description on how it works is still a little vague. So if you really u dear stand it I'd love to hear.

I wouldn't use it much and would try to promote specials or upcoming service I will be performing to lawns. Some would have pictures and others would be simple post.

So what are your thoughts?
Old 05-26-2013, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I am thinking your website should be pulling in the leads for you. I ran your info though www.yext.com as you see you are not listed in the local directories. Don't pay.. this needs to be done one by one. I am also not crazy over your meta tags. Where are your keywords?

*********, - Lawn Care Wilson, North Carolina (NC) &; Contact Us</title>
<meta name="description" content="Contact for lawn maintenance and landscaping services in Wilson, NC." />

Is Wilson the only city you service? I hope this helps. I am not saying you should not do Facebook.
Let me know if I can be of assistance Free..
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
Anyone tried this? I only have 230ish likes and for a budget of $5 I can reach a little over 1000. Seems like a pretty good deal.

The description on how it works is still a little vague. So if you really u dear stand it I'd love to hear.

I wouldn't use it much and would try to promote specials or upcoming service I will be performing to lawns. Some would have pictures and others would be simple post.

It's a waste of your time and $5. Injecting static Likes, such as these, simply dilutes your marketing message that you're trying to reach legitimate, or potential, customers with.

The short of it is that the status message from your Page is throttled by Facebook. In doing so, they only allow your message to go to between 1% and 16% of the people who Like your Page. What this means is that, say you have your current, "legitimate" 230 people who Like your Page. If you send a promo out for mulch installation, you will reach an absolute maximum of 37 of those people.

If you buy 1,000 Likes, you now have 1,230 people vying for your same message. You now have 197 people receiving your message. Are you willing to gamble 37 solid leads for 197 that, statistically, will be the equivalent of trying to sell mulch to a lamp post?

I would only advise this be done by your competitor.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenScapes Imaging View Post
I am also not crazy over your meta tags. Where are your keywords?
Could you expand on this?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I only service Wilson nc. If you search through google for lawn or Wilson nc I'm right at the top.

I was considering trying the Facebook promotion in order to generate some traffic to my website or Facebook page. If I spent $5 for the promotion and got a few extra likes or even picked up a Costco er I think it would be worth it.

Keep in mind that I'm really only targeting a small area. While it might show up on a friends page I doubt anyone outside of Wilson would like it.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I only service Wilson nc. If you search through google for lawn or Wilson nc I'm right at the top.

I was considering trying the Facebook promotion in order to generate some traffic to my website or Facebook page. If I spent $5 for the promotion and got a few extra likes or even picked up a Costco er I think it would be worth it.

Keep in mind that I'm really only targeting a small area. While it might show up on a friends page I doubt anyone outside of Wilson would like it.
Ahhhh, got ya. I read that as someone selling you Likes, taking you from 230 and adding 1,000. You mean using one of the Facebook ad vehicles.

If you're wanting to get commercial business, you might want to take a look at LinkedIn.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Ahhhh, got ya. I read that as someone selling you Likes, taking you from 230 and adding 1,000. You mean using one of the Facebook ad vehicles.

If you're wanting to get commercial business, you might want to take a look at LinkedIn.
Yes I have a Facebook page and recently when I update the status it has a promote tab. I assume that this would put it as one of the advertisements we now see in our feeds. There are prices of 5,10, etc and it has a number of people it will reach. For me the $5 level is around 1000. In the past a good post would reach 500 or so people.

I would not use this as a give away or freebie. Simply might run an ad saying... Did you enjoy the cookout without the bite? Mosquitoes are hear! Call us today.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried it and FB had a glitch - I was never charged but the post was also never promoted. So I need to come up with another good post to promote soon.

On paper it looks like a good idea - you can drill down to the zip code(s) you want to target and it's not a ton of money. I do want to try it. I'm not expecting a lot, though. I ran a couple hundred bucks worth of FB ads last year and while I added maybe 50 likes or so, there was 0 conversion AND I don't think any of them have even interacted with my page once.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Member

I have done the $5 dollar a day on fb and its total bs half the like ae from teen agers and 25% are from people who like every thing that comes their way totally not worth even $5 a year
Old 05-29-2013, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

I have done most of my promoting on Facebook. I grew over 54% off of one weekend ad that cost me less then $100. I read a few books on promoting through Facebook, but all seemed to be out dated. The key is to keep it simple. In my one weekend AD, all I stated was that we were going around that weekend giving quotes. Also put it on a daily budget. I do $10 a day, then around 5 o clock i will update it to $20-$30. Facebook wants your money and will put you in front of more people in the prime hours that way! I now have over 200 people following my page locally and am still receiving work from it. I will warn you though, you have to keep the page monitored and be careful what you post. Also, you may run into a lot of people that are cheap, but that kinda stuff happens. I filled my route in less then a month with quality customers thanks to the power of social media. If you get a chance, look up my page.. Freedom Yard Services