Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-29-2013, 02:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colawnbarber View Post
I have done the $5 dollar a day on fb and its total bs half the like ae from teen agers and 25% are from people who like every thing that comes their way totally not worth even $5 a year
There are options to target market on there. I usually set mine to 25 + and married. That eliminates most of that crap.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Freedom are you talking ads or promoting post?

I was noticing the promoting of a post...it's down level with the comment and like buttons.

I promoted my post for $5. It lasted about 24 hours but I reached over 700 people. 66 organic and the rest paid. That's about 300+ more than I normally do. I had a picture and catchy "did you get bite at your picnic. We can solve it. Call about mosquito treatments." I didn't get any likes or comments though. I was also not allowed to edit or set who I wished to target.

Maybe I should run an ad instead. My target service area is only 50k people and about 10-15 minute drive in any direction.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
Freedom are you talking ads or promoting post?

I was noticing the promoting of a post...it's down level with the comment and like buttons.

I promoted my post for $5. It lasted about 24 hours but I reached over 700 people. 66 organic and the rest paid. That's about 300+ more than I normally do. I had a picture and catchy "did you get bite at your picnic. We can solve it. Call about mosquito treatments." I didn't get any likes or comments though. I was also not allowed to edit or set who I wished to target.

Maybe I should run an ad instead. My target service area is only 50k people and about 10-15 minute drive in any direction.
There was ways to target your post boost, but looks like Facebook let that go. The best way is to just create an AD and I believe (unless they have changed it recently) you can create an AD using your post.

I havent run any ads in the last two months, other then a post boost yesterday (Which I have received two calls already). When you do target, make sure you go atleast 18+ ( I normally go bout 25+ for the age) and I have learned not to go overboard on the how much detail I target. (I spent a few dollars seeing what works best for me). I personally try to keep it simple when targeting... Married, 25+, both genders. Thats what has been working for me, but every area is different.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Don't over think it. Just make a helpful informational video, post it on youtube and then post it on your page.

Whole buncha crud
Old 06-27-2013, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

i use facebook and facebook groups ive had pretty good results from there
Old 06-27-2013, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can't for the life of me figure out advertising on facebook. I tried last night after reading this thread, but here is all I got:

When I click on "Create an ad" or "ad manager", the only ad I could create was one that would be seen all over the US and I would be paying $5 a day for more Likes. I couldn't figure out how to target an area.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmonkey0311 View Post
I can't for the life of me figure out advertising on facebook. I tried last night after reading this thread, but here is all I got:

When I click on "Create an ad" or "ad manager", the only ad I could create was one that would be seen all over the US and I would be paying $5 a day for more Likes. I couldn't figure out how to target an area.

Any help would be appreciated.
Edit your ad and where it says "choose your audience" click on show more targeting options
Old 06-28-2013, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA GrassChoppers View Post
Edit your ad and where it says "choose your audience" click on show more targeting options
Awesome! I appreciate that! Thanks!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Member

That's interesting. I think I'm gonna try that this next week. For a hundred bucks it can't hurt.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I am attempting to get set up on FB to "promote page posts". I entered my per day campaign budget.

However, once I got to the Optimization & Pricing at the bottom I got confused. It shows "your bid will be optimized to increase engagement with your post" and states "you will be charged every time someone sees your ad or sponsored story".

Then there was an option of "Optimize for Clicks" which has a choice to "automatically optimize my budget to get more clicks" or "Bid for Clicks".
OR
to "Optimize for Impressions" which states "you will be charged every time someone sees your ad or sponsored story".

Can you provide any insight on this? I am totally lost. I do not want to make an incorrect selection and lose money instead of gain business. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.