Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchkrama View Post
The reasons why I want a machine of this caliber is as follows: speed, ride, and longevity. Like I said, I come to cut the grass when i get the opportunity, so speed is a definite. Because i plan on running this thing for 20 years, i want it to be as comfortable and reliable as i can afford.

I was given a cash offer of $7700 on a new 2000 w/ 52" deck and 26hp kawasaki. Everyone else was offering 8500-8900 cash, so i think i found a good deal. Any thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device

"YEP.... Great price"

Here in Cajun Country, my dealer wants $8,999 for the 52" (Kawa) IS2000Z mower The 61" I hope to rope will be $9,699. I'm holding off in hopes that he will have a show price for the Louisiana Outdoor Expo in July.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
The reasons why I want a machine of this caliber is as follows: speed, ride, and longevity. Like I said, I come to cut the grass when i get the opportunity, so speed is a definite. Because i plan on running this thing for 20 years, i want it to be as comfortable and reliable as i can afford.

I was given a cash offer of $7700 on a new 2000 w/ 52" deck and 26hp kawasaki. Everyone else was offering 8500-8900 cash, so i think i found a good deal. Any thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device
I was actually thinking of suggesting a 52" to you, if you have any tight spots ie: between tree & garden bed or if you have uneven ground/small slopes, then you will find the 52" better suited to this, the smaller the deck the better it follows contours of ground. But if its all open and level than it wont make any diff.

Youll notice very little diff in time between the 52" and 61" (for 1.5acres that is), the time would be with the speed diff between the mowers, but thats only if your using them both at full stick for a high % of cutting time! Even then it would only be a matter of minutes saved.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

GMLC - here is link to seat I have and there is another option you can google but this one seems to be the premium seat I think. I have seen or heard of one where you increase or decrease the air. I think the operators weight setting on the forward knob would be in place of that.

http://www.ferrisindustries.com/~/me...eat_LARGE.ashx
Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmmower View Post
GMLC - here is link to seat I have and there is another option you can google but this one seems to be the premium seat I think. I have seen or heard of one where you increase or decrease the air. I think the operators weight setting on the forward knob would be in place of that.

http://www.ferrisindustries.com/~/me...eat_LARGE.ashx
Appears to be a suspension seat. Theres no mistaking the air seat as the electric pump and air bladders are mounted in the base of the seat. As far as I know Gravely is the only one with the air seat. I could be wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-29-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, this is a Mechanical susp seat. From my experience its very little benefit for a rough ZTR, however if combined with a Ferris it would be good Im sure!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I accepted that offer today and am taking delivery tomorrow on a brand new in crate IS2000. I test drove one again while there, a brand new one and not the 2011 model I tried before, and man is that thing smooooth. I would have ended up buying a gravely 152 for a little less money (and probably been just as satisfied with that machine) but once I test drove both machines, I knew I had to go all out and go for the ferris. Thanks for all your help guys, I can't wait to stripe up my overgrown yard!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cant wait to see some photos! If you have uneven ground that you cut reasonably low, Id love to see a few pics of the result after cutting with it. A video of you mowing with it also wouldnt go a stray if you have the patients
Old 05-29-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I accepted that offer today and am taking delivery tomorrow on a brand new in crate IS2000. I test drove one again while there, a brand new one and not the 2011 model I tried before, and man is that thing smooooth. I would have ended up buying a gravely 152 for a little less money (and probably been just as satisfied with that machine) but once I test drove both machines, I knew I had to go all out and go for the ferris. Thanks for all your help guys, I can't wait to stripe up my overgrown yard!
Well like you, I look forward to my final decision. And like you, I feel sure it will be the IS2000Z (Kawa 61"). Information on LawnSite.com is superb....

Old 05-29-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I'll try and get some pics and vids for you guys who are interested. It's the least I can do for your advice and feedback!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I'll try and get some pics and vids for you guys who are interested. It's the least I can do for your advice and feedback!
Congrats on your new machine!

I have no doubts that you will be more then pleased with it, but I'd still like to see pics and/or vids. It's good education for everyone.