Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-07-2013, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I was just curious, the hs 45 has a 27 cc with 18 inch bar and all the rest have 21 cc with a much bigger bar. Seems kinda odd but its a great lil trimmer!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

That banner is nice, where did you have it made if you dont mind me asking? Im thinking of getting something large like that but to put on my trailer and advertise leaf clean ups, I normally get all my stuff from vistaprint.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got the banner and all the other crap off of vistaprint, the banner was like 40-50 bucks, its heavy duty material, I geuss you could put it on a trailer,but if would flap around a lot, but I think you are better off with an aluminum sign. If you saw mine on the rear of my trailer, here is a link to the company. They were awesome, they enhanced the image I sent them and made everything look very nice, plus they are Canadian, shipping was cheap and it came fast, I highly recommend them. Here is a link for the truck lettering I use and then one for the aluminum sign.

http://www.signnetwork.com/
http://www.onlinesigns.ca/?pro=main&pid=104&procat=105
Old 08-08-2013, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
I got the banner and all the other crap off of vistaprint, the banner was like 40-50 bucks, its heavy duty material, I geuss you could put it on a trailer,but if would flap around a lot, but I think you are better off with an aluminum sign. If you saw mine on the rear of my trailer, here is a link to the company. They were awesome, they enhanced the image I sent them and made everything look very nice, plus they are Canadian, shipping was cheap and it came fast, I highly recommend them. Here is a link for the truck lettering I use and then one for the aluminum sign.

http://www.signnetwork.com/
http://www.onlinesigns.ca/?pro=main&pid=104&procat=105
Thanks, I defiantly would not have put a banner on the trailer, I just meant something that size and Ill defiantly consider those two companies. I really like your sign on the back too and want to get one like that, that covers the whole gate - I really want to get some more leaf clean up customers and put the walker to work!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man I really like your work. Everything is very clean and neat. Keep up the good work and it wont be long until your a decent sized company.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the positive comments everyone, here are some pics of a new account, the backyard is fairly large, I do it all with my 48" TT, there is lots of shrubs/trees and it slopes off on the sides and just past the two gardens, grows like crazy.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2013, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Very nice work man! Your work looks great. How do you like the Turf Tracer? I am thinking of getting a walk behind?
Old 08-10-2013, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Turf Tracer is great, I got it used for $2500, they are about $8000 new, I think its the most expensive walk-behind on the market the x-series is likely more but that one wasn't out when this one was made, I mainly do very small suburban properties but have been recently getting some larger ones, the latest pic is the newest addition, not sure how big, but it takes about an hour or so to cut, but I cut the front and that first section of the backyard twice, the walk-behind is great because it can get under the trees and bushes, etc. Where a typical z-turn would leave a lot of trimming. The truf tracer stripes very nicely too, I installed some G5 blades on it and a power OCDC, a great combo, imho. I don't think I would buy a new one, for a few more grand you could get a walker or basically any z-turn you wanted. I think your walker would do nice job at that house, lol.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a link to my Turf Tracer OCDC.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ght=power+ocdc
Old 08-10-2013, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
The Turf Tracer is great, I got it used for $2500, they are about $8000 new, I think its the most expensive walk-behind on the market the x-series is likely more but that one wasn't out when this one was made, I mainly do very small suburban properties but have been recently getting some larger ones, the latest pic is the newest addition, not sure how big, but it takes about an hour or so to cut, but I cut the front and that first section of the backyard twice, the walk-behind is great because it can get under the trees and bushes, etc. Where a typical z-turn would leave a lot of trimming. The truf tracer stripes very nicely too, I installed some G5 blades on it and a power OCDC, a great combo, imho. I don't think I would buy a new one, for a few more grand you could get a walker or basically any z-turn you wanted. I think your walker would do nice job at that house, lol.
Yeah that Turf Tracer is nice and I love that power chute. I really wouldn't need something that large or expensive, I just want a walk behind for gated yards, probably a 32inch deck would be best for me right now. Something that can mulch, side discharge and bag if need be and have a sulky. For now ill just use the toro 30 and walk...