Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-07-2013, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's very true, it is labour intensive, I find bringing a radio helps a lot. Also I find myself working like a dog, trying to get it all done without taking breaks, lunch, etc and then getting home completely beat. My advice would be to bring snacks, water, radio, and take it easy. However I need to follow my own advice, lol. Mowing is nice alone becasue you are in and out fairly quickly, most of my properties are 20-30 minutes tops. I actually enjoy being solo, I have worked for a few large and small companies before starting on my own.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well it's that time of year again. 210 Christmas cards going out, I under-estimated the amount of time required to put all these together, between updating postal info, typing of the labels, writing on the cards, attaching labels, stamps to envelopes, licking envelopes (use a moist sponge to seal them) etc. Took about a day.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2013, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just picked up my 2014 Stihl calender from my local dealer, I just found out about these last year but was too late to get one, so I made sure to get one this year, apparently last year's was better, oh well, its a very large calender and will look good anywhere, lol.

A little update on the snow removal side of things, we have had a couple events here so far and it is currently snowing again, my new 621qzr performed great on the 10-15cm snowfall we just had, the quick chute feature is awesome and is a real time saver, I don't have any pictures because its hard to get action shots when you are by yourself, I will try to get the fiance to take some if she is home when I do my own driveway.

Also forgot to mention for anyone who may care that I sold my soul to the devil and am now very happily engaged to girlfriend of 7+ years. Wedding is 1-2 years away so I have plenty of time to do nothing, lol.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats on the engagement.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2014, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks jrs, haven't been on here for a little while now, winter is in full swing, have been out about 15 times already this season, not to mention the huge ice storm and everything else. Picked up a few more residential driveways, up to about 30 now, other than that nothing new. I wish I had some pictures of my snow removal but I work alone and can't really take any worthwhile photos, oh well. Let me know if anyone has any questions about anything, hope everyone is doing well, I also go on plowsite but most of the stuff doesn't pertain to me because I use snowblowers, but makes for some good reading anyways, cheers.