Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 08-27-2013, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlermidwest View Post
The upper class units are staying the same from what I'm told except for the DFI, residential models are getting a facelift.

Brian O
Any dates for the DFI yet?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Sponsor

date of production no. It is my understanding there has been some issues with the DFI that are being worked out by Kawasaki at the same time they are working on a larger charging system for our units. It is more of a question when than if at this point.

Brian O
Old 02-15-2014, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
date of production no. It is my understanding there has been some issues with the DFI that are being worked out by Kawasaki at the same time they are working on a larger charging system for our units. It is more of a question when than if at this point.

Brian O
Any more info on a DFI or EFI?
Old 02-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Sponsor

Stevesmowing,
Kawasaki has OK'd the design of the 26amp charger for use in out machines. order for the power plants went into Kawasaki in January. We are waiting for delivery.
It does take Kawasaki about 2 months to process the order.
A safe bet would be May 1st. As soon as I know a date I will pass it along. Once I get the model numbers I'll also get the pricing.

Brian O
Old 02-17-2014, 03:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Brian,

Do you have ghp #s for the FX1000V DFI? I'm reading some negative reports, some saying actually worse #s than carb. in same model. I'm poised to by two SZ HDs this spring and was waiting on the DFI to save fuel. Was my waiting all for naught?
Old 02-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Sponsor

I can't give you our GPH until we have a unit to run in the field. I do know that the DFI unit will give you quicker power when needed. I like getting my GPH from the field, not a formula. So I'm waiting. If you are up in the mountains the DFI would help.

Brian O
Old 02-25-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Brian,

Do you have ghp #s for the FX1000V DFI? I'm reading some negative reports, some saying actually worse #s than carb. in same model. I'm poised to by two SZ HDs this spring and was waiting on the DFI to save fuel. Was my waiting all for naught?
I am in the same boat.

Are there prices for 2014 models yet?
Old 02-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Sponsor

Ballpark I'm told the DFI will be about a grand higher than the carb model of the same size engine. Ballpark price.. Nothing has come out yet.

Brian O
Old 03-02-2014, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ballpark I'm told the DFI will be about a grand higher than the carb model of the same size engine. Ballpark price.. Nothing has come out yet.

Brian O
A thousand more for an engine that gets no better fuel economy will not be a good selling point. I believe in electronic fuel injection as much or more than anyone running a mower, but there must be a difference in fuel economy as seen with the closed-loop system Kohler uses.

There is no reason to spend a thousand more for a mower no more powerful than my FX1000V that gets the same fuel economy. The better cranking with no choke and better response is a positive, but not a thousand dollar positive. A thousand dollar positive can only be achieved through better fuel economy leading to money being saved to recoup the thousand spent up front.

I'm afraid once a few of the DFI's are in the field and people realize there is no fuel savings with a thousand dollar added cost, sales will falter. Kawasaki really needs to improve their fuel injection system to perform as fuel injection is designed, and that is to start better, respond faster, and most of all save 25% or more on fuel. Fuel savings is the big selling point of fuel injection.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Sponsor

Puppy Paws,
As I said above I will forward field studies of the GPH and acre per hour once I get my hands on one. Before you say anything, I know you would be happy to do that for me free of charge all summer long with my machine

Brian O