Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-14-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hope TG doesnt go under theyre my favorite customer. I see a TG sign in the yard thats an automatic pickup
Old 11-14-2013, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

TruGreen 2.0?!?

IMHO I don't think that TruGreen's soon to be ex-parent company ServiceMaster has done anything to help Trugreen. Just look at their financial mess. Too much centralization and micro-management. This is why 2 GREAT managers Don Karns & Dave Slott left years ago. The corporate "Fix" was to get rid of the mgrs that had knowledge in lawncare. And replace them with managers with a background in retail! TG can't do any worse going it alone, And may actually heal itself. They're realizing that most of their problems have been self-inflicted.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

TG seems to be doing a little better job this year - at least on the properties I service.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not by much.... literally baby steps, for a once great company that had it all mastered decades ago. I hear that the major debacle in 2013 was new scheduling software, that left a lot of current and new customers never getting serviced on time. (Or at all in some cases.)

Just check out what all their p.o.'d customers and even some disgruntled employees are saying. Go to www.pissedconsumer.com and type "trugreen" in the search box.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So does this mean TG and (recently announced sale) JDL will not be owned by the same company. At the time of the JDL announcement it appeared they would have the same parent co.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Some of their properties are really nice! It has to do with the manager. Some managers are horrible and don't have quality control checks. They have a just don't care attitude.
Br600
89 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4
5x10 Trailer
Old 11-16-2013, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

TruGreen is owned by ServiceMaster which in turn is owned by privite investment group Clayton, Dublier & Rice out of New York City. To my knowledge John Deere Landscapes/Lesco Inc. doesn't have any business connections with CD&R/SVM/TG. Except that TG buys their turf tractor applicator equipment from JD. And most of their products form Lesco. Then again who in the this industry doesn't buy from JDL/Lesco?
Old 02-12-2014, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

On January 15, 2014 ServiceMaster cut all ties with TruGreen and sent then off on their own. SVM wants to go back to being a stock-traded company, but couldn't do it as long as TruGreen kept dragging them down. And getting a new CEO every year or so, wasn't fixing TruGreen either.

HERE ARE THE BASIC FACTS:
Since 2010 TruGreen's customer counts declined 22%
Revenue declined by $210 million

The whole story can be found here...
www.turfmagazine.com/article-10230.aspx
Old 02-12-2014, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hope TG doesnt go out of business. They advertise, get yards, then lose them and I get some of them. Theeeeyre great!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Member

TG is to big to completely fail. I would say that losing 500,000 customers in the last 3 years is pretty epic but they will still attract customers because of there ridiculous underpricing. Now that they have been sold off, it will be years before they start to see this huge down slide they are in to even out.
As much as you would like to use this as a selling point, you should really focus on benefits of the service you provide. Throwing another competitor under the bus no matter who says a lot about you. I don't think that's a good business practice.

But it sure is nice to see them slide!!!!!