Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2013, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Need pricing help badly!

I don't do a lot of clean ups so I'm really not comfortable with pricing them. This lady needs the leaves cleaned up on a property she just bought. It is approximately 85,000 sq ft! They are close to a foot deep in areas but mostly just enough to cover the ground. The equipment I have is Ferris hydrocut 32" walk behind with bagger and my back pack blower. I will rent special equipment if that's an option. Any info or guidance you guys can give is appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2013, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Does she want the leaves hauled away or can you dump them in the woods?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2013, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

She prefers hauled away. I suggested the possibility of burning them since she's in the county where it's legal. She wasn't against this idea just wanted to make sure it could be done safely.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I would say for 2 aces of leaves you would need more equipment and help. I would bring a mower with a leaf plow, a push blower, a back pack blower and another guy at the very least. Stack large piles and push them to the street with the plow. Can it be done with tarps? Sure but your going to kill yourself in the process.. As for hauling all those leaves, I would sub out the job to someone with a leaf vac & dump. The amount of time & fuel your going to spend trying to cram/haul them in your rig is goin to kill your profit or cause you to overcharge the job. As for burning the leaves I wouldn't even think about it, if something goes wrong your REALLY screwed.

You might consider subbing out the whole job if its too big. This way the job gets done right, customers happy, and you make a little something for nothing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for your input NJ Grass
Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I would say a leaf vac would be in order. Price the rental in your area and add it to the bid. This does not look like a one man job to me either.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you do this job be careful of things hidden in the leaves. Not the brightest idea I had once to start a new account with a fancy mower. You never know, might find a water pump and a horn from a car under that crap. Been there. These guys above got it right, blow them out to the curb and hire a vac truck to come get them. This is a very clean way when finished and the customer will brag you up for it.