Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

RETRODOG ? What do you know about the bad boy stand on .
Old 06-16-2013, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billc1004 View Post
RETRODOG ? What do you know about the bad boy stand on .
I have only sold a few, we have mainly big country yards here, a few went to dallas and one to a railroad commission that had a deere walk die. Waaay overbuilt for stander, the 5 guage deck and frame is stout, i like the way all hoses and wires are hid and the motor is out on top of deck instead of tight to work on between the wheels. Its a big stander, only issue ive heard of was on here and it was a bigger guy getting a bouncing effect due to platform on back of wheels instead of in between. They were really fast and touchy, but the factory slowed them down a bit, still takes a littke to get used too though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I demoed 1 a few weeks ago but I was on a 3 acre lawn testing the Outlaw too. A smaller lawn would of been a better test. But I liked the cut quality
also it does well on hills but takes getting used too. I think once you got used to a stander it would a good unit. But I have nothing to compare it too. But I did alright for first time ever on a stander. I took a picture of it cutting but I cant get it to upload. Demo one.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 06-17-2013, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

i have 2 wright standers and 1 gravely stand on 52" .. the wright standers are way over priced .
Old 06-17-2013, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

and dont know much about the briggs cyclone engine !! on the bad boy mowers.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billc1004 View Post
i have 2 wright standers and 1 gravely stand on 52" .. the wright standers are way over priced .
Check out the new Gravely Pro-Stance. It is the next generation of standers. Gravely thought of everything on this mower!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-17-2013, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is a review I did on the new Gravely Pro-Stance.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ely+pro+stance
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-14-2013, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Here is a review I did on the new Gravely Pro-Stance.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ely+pro+stance
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah I have had good luck and bad luck with bad boy. I baught a 2012 bad boy zt with 27 hp briggs. After upgrading to a suspension seat it was a good mower with plenty of power. Last month I started mowing about 2 acreas more and decided to upgrade to a outlaw 54" With. 30 hp briggs cyclonic. The closest dealer that had one was 2 hours away so I drove there to get it. The issue I am having is that even mowing at half speed the mower really struggles to keep rpm in the thick grass I cut where as the zt would mow right through it. Been talking to bad boy they has me take it in to get checked out. Every thing checked out fine so basically the mower is just to heave for that mower and cutting thicker established grass. So with nothing being mechanically wrong with it and still being disatisfied with how the $7000 mower mowes I am told there is nothing they can do about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-14-2013, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwom89 View Post
Yeah I have had good luck and bad luck with bad boy. I baught a 2012 bad boy zt with 27 hp briggs. After upgrading to a suspension seat it was a good mower with plenty of power. Last month I started mowing about 2 acreas more and decided to upgrade to a outlaw 54" With. 30 hp briggs cyclonic. The closest dealer that had one was 2 hours away so I drove there to get it. The issue I am having is that even mowing at half speed the mower really struggles to keep rpm in the thick grass I cut where as the zt would mow right through it. Been talking to bad boy they has me take it in to get checked out. Every thing checked out fine so basically the mower is just to heave for that mower and cutting thicker established grass. So with nothing being mechanically wrong with it and still being disatisfied with how the $7000 mower mowes I am told there is nothing they can do about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Im sorry your unhappy with your new BB. Did the dealer let you demo before you bought?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-14-2013, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Im sorry your unhappy with your new BB. Did the dealer let you demo before you bought?
Posted via Mobile Device
Well the dealer in my town doesn't let you take them a demo them . But the only place that had a 54" outlaw was 2hours away one way so I wouldn't have wanted to do that much driving. And I just figured since the bad boy zt with the 27 horse was a power house that the outlaw was suppose to be the same or better, but them again it weighs almost twice as much do I'm sure the 36 horse vanguards are the only briggs motor I would have put in something that heavy. But then again it may be just that particular motor not putting out the horses it should
Posted via Mobile Device